Personal Data Protection Policy of the lesjourneesparticulieres.fr Website
The www.lesjourneesparticulieres.fr website (the “Website”) is intended to promote the 4th edition of the special days in which certain affiliates of the LVMH group (the “Maisons”) participate, which will take place between and including October 12 and 14, 2018, and the purpose of which is to allow the general public to discover their plants, factories, boutiques, etc. (the “Special Days”).
This personal data protection policy is intended to provide to the Website’s visitors and users information regarding the processing of their personal data (“Personal Data”) by LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton (“LVMH”) and the Maisons organizing the Special Days (LVMH and the Maisons are collectively referred to hereinafter as the “LVMH Group”).
The LVMH Group confers the greatest importance and takes the greatest care in protecting privacy and the Personal Data.
This policy describes the processing of Personal Data we implement (hereinafter the “Processing”) within the framework of this Website and your rights related to protecting your Personal Data.
I. Identity and contact details of data controllers and Data Protection Officers (“DPO”)
1.1 The Data controller is the entity that determines the means and purposes of the Processing of Personal Data.
As regards the Processing of your Personal Data within the framework of the Special Days, several companies are involved as data controllers:
- LVMH Moët Hennessy – Louis Vuitton, a European company whose registered office is located at 22 avenue Montaigne, 75008 Paris, registered with the Paris Trade and Companies Registry under number 775 670 417 within the framework of managing your account and your possible subscription to the newsletters and current events of the LVMH Group; and
- The Maisons organizing the Special Days in which you wish to participate, the contact details of which are provided on the institutional website of each of these Maisons, within the framework of managing your participation in the Special Days.
1.2 The Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) is your preferred contact to reply to all of your questions about protecting your Personal Data.
LVMH’s DPO may be contacted by using the following link.
The DPO of the Maisons organizing the Special Days are provided on the institutional website of each of these Maisons.
II. Description of Personal Data Processing implemented
2.1 Purposes and legal grounds of Processing
The Processing implemented is performed based on your consent and is intended to allow us:
– to register you online and anyone accompanying you to the Special Days proposed by the Maisons, within the limit of the places available and on the specific terms of access stated on the Website;
– to reply to your request to subscribe to the newsletter about the Special Days, sent via the “register for the newsletter” form;
– to propose to you to register for the “LVMH Group’s current events” at the end of the Special Days;
– to create, by using cookies (tracers), statistics about the use of and visits to our Website in order to measure the general public’s interest in it. These data are anonymized.
According to the terms of access provided on the Website, you may register your minor children at the time of your registration. In this case, you expressly consent to the use of their Personal Data for the sole purpose of using them to participate in the Special Days. You may register only children over whom you exercise parental authority or guardianship.
2.2 Personal Data processed
The Personal Data about you collected and processed for the purposes described above are, depending on the Website’s services used, your choices and your terminal’s configuration (notably as related to cookies and other tracers), for:
– Responding to your requests to subscribe to our newsletters and current events: your email address;
– Managing your registration for the Special Days, and for anyone accompanying you: your last name, first name, email address, password, mobile telephone number (optional);
– Creating statistics: no personal data is collected given the fact that we anonymize them.
2.3 Recipients of your Personal Data
Accessibility within the LVMH Group
Your Personal Data are processed by the LVMH Group’s following departments:
– LVMH’s Communications Department for your registration for the newsletter regarding the Special Days and the LVMH Group’s current events, and the creation of statistics;
– the Communications Department of LVMH and of the relevant Maison for the management of your registration for the Special Days.
Accessibility by third parties
Your Personal Data will be accessible to third parties, meaning: (i) for security reasons when the Special Days are held, to the national intelligence service and (ii) incidentally, for technical and logistical reasons, to LVMH’s subcontractors (notably, the Website’s hosting and maintenance providers), and (iii) to the communications agency and its subcontractors who assist us in organizing the Special Days.
They may also be transferred to a third party in case the LVMH Group is reorganized, including in the case of a total or partial sale of assets, merger, absorption acquisition, demerger and, more generally, any reorganization transaction.
Lastly, the LVMH Group may disclose your Personal Data to third parties when such disclosure is required by law, a regulatory provision or a court decision, or if such disclosure is necessary to protect and defend its rights.
2.4 Transfers of your Personal Data abroad
The recipients of your personal Data may be located abroad, including outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) in countries where the legislation on protection of the Personal Data differs from the legislation applicable within the EEA.
Indeed, within the framework of your registration for the Special Days, the Maisons organizing such Special Days may be located outside of the EEA. Any transfers of your Data to such Maisons located outside of the EEA are made with the appropriate safeguards, notably contractual, pursuant to the regulations applicable to the protection of personal data.
Within the framework of the contracts concluded by LVMH with providers as listed above (technical providers, audience measurement provider), your Personal Data may also be accessible by providers and/or their subcontractors located outside of the EEA. The safeguards implemented for such transfers are described in the contracts concluded with these providers and are accessible upon request.
2.5 Retention period for your Personal Data
– Registration for the Special Days: the Personal Data about you, collected and processed for your registration for the Special Days, will be retained only for the period necessary for managing the organization of these events. They will then be destroyed.
– Registration for our current events and newsletters: the Personal Data collected for your request for registration for our newsletters and current events will be retained for a period of three (3) years as of when collected and as of your last contact with LVMH. Beyond this period, LVMH may contact you to find out whether you wish to continue to receive our communications. In any event, you may revoke your consent and ask to unsubscribe by clicking on the link contained in the messages sent to you or by using the following link. In such case, your Personal Data will be destroyed within a maximum period of one (1) month as of your request to unsubscribe.
Your Personal Data will be destroyed upon a simple request by you sent using the following link, within a maximum period of one (1) month as of your request.
III. Your rights
Pursuant to applicable laws and regulations, you have a right to access and rectify your Personal Data, and the right to request that they be erased (right to be forgotten), the right to oppose processing of your Personal Data and the right to obtain the limitation and portability of your Personal Data insofar as this is applicable, subject to the urgent legitimate grounds the LVMH Group may show to retain your Personal Data.
In addition, you may revoke your consent at any time and: deactivate your account or request to no longer receive our communications about our newsletters and current events by using the hypertext link provided for this purpose in each email we send you or deactivate the cookies on the Website.
In case your Personal Data is erased on your account, you will no longer be able to participate in the Special Days.
These rights may be exercised directly by using the following link.
Moreover, you have the right to refer to the French Data Protection Authority (the CNIL), 3 Place de Fontenoy – TSA 80715 – 75334 Paris CEDEX 07, Tel.: 01 53 73 22 22, any claim related to the manner in which the LVMH Group collects and processes your Personal Data.
Cookies are small text files sent by a web server to your device and which records information about your browsing.
The cookies used by LVMH are statistical analysis cookies. They enable LVMH to store information about your browsing on the Website such as the pages you have viewed, the date and time of viewing, and the country from which you connect. These cookies do not enable LVMH to identify you personally. The data collected by these cookies are then aggregated and attributed to an identified unique visitor. These data enable LVMH to analyze the relevance of the Website’s content and to attempt to improve it. These data may last for up to thirteen (13) months to permit comparative analyses in time.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and higher:
1. Choose the “Tools” menu, then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “Confidentiality” tab
3. Select the desired level with the cursor.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer 5:
1. Choose the “Tools” menu, then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “Security” tab
3. Select “Internet” then “Customize Level”
4. Locate the “cookies” section and choose the suitable option.
For Netscape 6.X and 7.X:
1. Choose the “Edit” menu and then “Preferences”
2. “Confidentiality” and “Security”
1. Choose the “Tools” menu then “Options”
2. Click on the “Privacy” option.
For Safari 3.x for Mac OS X:
1. Choose the “Edit” menu
2. Click on the “Preferences” option
3. Click on the “Security” option
4.Click on “Display cookies”.
Eliminating cookies may alter browsing on the Website, or even make access to certain services impossible.
V. Modification of the Personal Data Protection Policy
The LVMH Group may at any time modify this policy. We will ensure that you are informed of such modifications either by specifically mentioning it on our Website or by a customized warning.