This position is responsible for the sales forecasting and buying decisions for all categories. This position will have responsibility for generating a seasonal merchandise plan and assortment strategy to maximize opportunities and grow the business.
- Partner closely with the Commercial Director to identify growth opportunities to expand or deepen the department store and specialty business.
- Develop, in consultation with Commercial Director, and implement budgets and sales strategies to achieve those budgets.
- Manage relationships with assigned accounts including department stores and specialty store partners.
- Provide leadership to wholesale accounts by providing clear vision and objectives through coaching, training, and consistent communication.
- Analyze business and proactively approach challenges and/or opportunities in consultation with Commercial Director.
- Negotiate agreements with department stores for optimal sell-thru and location.
- Monitor shipping and merchandise flow against individual account plan.
- Perform weekly, monthly and end of season sales analysis. Drive store business, replenish and be proactive implementing sales strategies. Replenish the client based on sales and advise on opportunities outside of their original purchases to exceed plans.
- Provide product knowledge clinics and gain a clear overview of the business potential per market. Analyze brand adjacencies, negotiate floor space and survey the general market for additional wholesale and retail opportunities. Report this information.
- Accountable for planning, organizing and executing seasonal markets in New York and Milan including budgeting, scheduling of appointments, securing show tickets for clients, scheduling post show attendance and pricing.
- Responsible for entering and reviewing orders ensuring strong classification coverage and brand representation per door. Provide collection recaps after sales campaigns addressing collection strengths and opportunities.
- Correspond daily with customer care in Italy in regard to shipping, invoicing, RTVs, payment issues and special orders, and following up as necessary.
- Maintain the highest degree of client service; acts as brand ambassador.
- Supervise junior employees and interns, and ensures quality and consistency of work product.
- Provide leadership to sales team; lends experience with analytical skill set to more junior members of the team.
- Define seasonal payment terms with the credit manager in Italy. Find solutions for customer with payment issues.
- Perform other projects, as assigned.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills and a keen fashion sensibility.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 3-4 in RTW wholesale experience
- Have a passion for the fashion and luxury-goods industry
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Possess problem solving skills
- Computer literate; utilize Excel and other various software packages to create reports
- Organization and time management skills; ability to manage tight deadlines
- Proficient in retail math
- Ability to perform sales and market analysis
- Supervisory, management skills preferred