This is a high profile role within the Moet Hennessy UK business. Working as part of the Route-To-Market team the role is challenging, fast paced and offers an excellent opportunity to build internal credibility and have a dynamic career within MHUK.
Building your commercial expertise and business acumen the role is to work alongside the SNAM Matthew Clark Bibendum (MCB) to manage and develop the Bibendum business to achieve budget objectives through creating best-in-class joint business plans, inter-company relationships and proximity to the market to ensure MHUK brands deliver sustainable value growth in line with the MHUK strategic pillars.
- Take control by driving the day to day account requirements for Bibendum in the agreed timely manner set out by the business, spending minimum 2 days per week either in the Bibendum office and/or in the field with their sales team
- Work with the SNAM MCB to provide accurate forecasts and insight on MHUK brands monthly within an agreed template
- Delivering the budgeted volume's, NSI's and MI for all brands as required
- Think strategically and in line with a long term partnership approach based over 12 months - 3 years, including creating a clear strategic vision shared internally with SNAM/RTM Controller
- Execute with excellence - Implement & activate our brands to the agreed standards expected and report back to the business on a regular basis after key events or monthly
- Set the standard in strategic relationships with Bibendum - Be seen as an instrumental partner and inputter of knowledge into their business with regular contact with their key multi-functional teams
Account Management & Business Development: Bibendum
- To work with the SNAM, Commercial Development team and Brand teams to develop and execute channel strategies and customer plans that deliver brand and sales objectives.
- To review and implement trade terms and price increases in line with MCB-related strategies.
- To negotiate, manage and evaluate requests from Bibendum within the brand plans guidelines and agreed budgets.
- Create and deliver a strategy to deliver managed growth across Bibendum across our brands in line with budgeted requirements
- Produce a monthly 1-pager that outlines progress made vs. agreed JBP and against priority MHUK drivers
- To update and maintain customer account plans and ensure that sales reporting systems are used to produce a document to monitor, report and analyze the assigned business performance against plan on a monthly basis.
- To produce a quarterly update on Bibendum detailing performance, account activity and Full Year forecasting to RTM Controller level
Bibendum: Developing virtual teams internally and externally
- Identify and act as a facilitator between relevant MHUK and Bibendum contacts to ensure that the working relationship between both parties is conducted effectively and in a timely manner
- Create a strong working relationship by spending a minimum of 2 days per week at Bibendum Head Office and/or field based with Bibendum sales teams
- Create and implement a strategy that ensures communication of the agreed JBP plan to all relevant Bibendum contacts. Setting and sharing of goals at regional level, identifying key opportunities to delivery this in partnership with relevant influencers and customers
- Understand that Bibendum is an ever-changing organization and be ready to develop solutions to challenges through contact change, strategy evolution and necessity
- Produce a monthly 1-pager that outlines progress made at account/customer level that has been achieved between Bibendum and MHUK Regional Teams, detailing numerical and visual results
- To deliver excellent training and education where necessary, with a focus on new starters and continued engagement with WDS teams nationally
Business Support & Monitoring
- To manage and control responsibly personal and brand related budgets and resources (FTT & VAPs).
- To regularly reassess and update the volumes forecast in the BPC in order to show a true reflection of Bibendum performance.
- To use appropriate data sources to plan, monitor, report, and analyze performance against JBP
- To respond in a timely manner to internal and external requests for information or support
- To gather and use comprehensive competitor information.
- To ensure absolute compliance with our Competition Law guidelines in all aspects of our commercial customer relationships.
- WSET certificate (preferred but not essential)
- Degree level education
- Full driving license
Professional experience & know how
- 6 years + experience of working in a fast paced sales environment
- Working knowledge of the UK wholesale market
- Blue Chip FMCG sales training
- Experience of P&L Management
- FMCG National Account Management experience
- Exposure to premium / luxury brands
Personal & interpersonal skills
- Drive, Energy and Passion
- Affinity for luxury brands
- Well organised
- Strong Communicator
- Good relationship builder
- Strong Negotiation skills