Job Title: Account Manager-Leather Goods & Accessories
Location: New York
Main Objective: Reporting to the Director of Wholesale, the Account Manager will be responsible for Direct management of the Leather Goods and Accessories categories to achieve seasonal and annual sales targets for both wholesale and retail. In addition to creating and implementing innovative wholesale initiatives to grow market share, and partnering with global product teams and Retail Merchandiser to develop and implement category strategies.
Establish strong relationships and regular communication with Divisional Merchandise Managers, Buyers, Store Managers, and DSAs for:
- The proactive and regular monitoring of full price selling performance to meet/exceed mutually agreed upon expectations for margin, volume and sell-through.
- Optimization of product selection to ensure final assortment meets needs of each market and establishes competitive product presentation, brand presence on every floor.
- Strategizing and implementing brand and wholesale key initiatives within point of sale to elevate brand position.
- Develop and assess distribution network to optimize sales opportunity and brand presence in market.
Market (locally and internationally)
As an extension of the luxury brand experience, you will own, manage and execute well organized buying and selling campaigns, appointment schedules and strong product presentations/materials. For New York markets, you will manage the full market week, including securing sample loans, organizing logistics, and coordinating VM of showroom set-up.
Cross Functional Communication
- Establish regular communication with Italian product managers and Fendi Americas retail merchandising teams to communicate sales trends, identify collection strengths, opportunities and weaknesses and propose future strategies.
- Collaborate and communicate with FNA wholesale team regarding brand strategy and opportunities for enhanced synergy between categories.
- Support Wholesale Director in developing, aligning, and communicating strategies for Women's LG Goods & Accessories categories.
- Work with Supply Chain and customer service teams on execution of order entry process, timely communication of order confirmations to clients, and expediting EDI process for timely deliveries.
- Monitor in-season shipping in collaboration with logistics team to ensure cancellation deadlines are met and regularly provide shipping recaps to clients to manage inventory flow.
Reporting and Analysis
- Focused on achieving sales targets within each point of distribution requires regular analysis of fiscal, seasonal and annual purchases and full price selling on a weekly basis.
- Deliver weekly and seasonal analysis of the business to senior management.
- As the brand/category expert, you will be responsible for in depth monitoring and presenting of sales trends by market, account, category, classification, price segmentation, etc.
Point of Sale Training and Communication
- Proactively plan and conduct regular training clinics, conference calls, summits and conclave with client partners at corporate and store levels.
- Develop, create and distribute seasonal product books, brand messages and editorial coverage to network and buying offices.
- Coordinate marketing initiatives with accounts to support client investments and align messaging with brand communication strategy.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Attributes:
- 4+ years of experience in Luxury Wholesale
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- Foreign languages: Italian or French preferred
- Very Proficient in Excel and Powerpoint
- Analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of the luxury market and its needs
- Customer focused approach and quick to respond to client requests
- Negotiation, analytical, and planning/organization skills
- 40% Travel as needed
In addition, the Account Manager will own and develop strong in-store relationships with visual merchandising teams and communicate wholesale specific visual merchandising standards throughout the network.