To manage and develop the indirect, and direct, on premise accounts to achieve profitable brand building objectives and achieve sales targets for MHUK brands through the proactive and innovative management of allocated resources.
- Deliver indirect and direct volume targets and volume growth for the territory, to ensure regional volume budget achieved.
- Develop bespoke proposals for new business opportunities and renegotiations, leveraging the provision of category and commercial information.
- Focus on prospect planning for the territory, aligned to brand objectives and opportunities.
- Development of joint business plans for key customers.
- Achieve distribution and by the glass targets for MH portfolio including cocktail listings.
- Achieve strategic KPIs of education (training); digital and perfect serve.
- Plan and activate relevant brand activations in alignment with the trade marketing manager.
Strategy & brand activation
- Develop, implement and have full ownership of the Key City strategy for the territory ensuring the most 3 influential accounts, per channel, are MH accounts.
- Ensure all winemaker, champagne and spirits ambassador visits are planned and executed with the right guest lists and follow up plans in place.
- Liaise closely with sales manager on input for the regional strategy including territory understanding and analysis; new business prospect list and detailed key city plan.
- Minimum 85% accuracy of forecasting for key lines, using finance management tools. (Measured against sales in and sales out data for key wholesalers in your region).
- Ensure the territory has 100% of sales data authority forms signed.
- Ensure all contracts use correct template and full profitability analysis carried out on all new and existing business opportunities.
- Implements new ways of working for FTT and A&P (where relevant)
Ways of Working
- Ensure all customer details are updated, accurate and correct on Salesforce; surveys are completed, and all planning actioned via Salesforce.
- Build and develop relationships with regional route to market contacts & liaise closely with MH RTM account managers on any territory challenges or opportunities.
- Ensure all invoices actioned monthly.
- Ensure all tools leveraged effectively for personal learning (MHPL) and maximise customer communication (MHPS)
- Degree level education
- Full driving license
Professional experience & know how:
- Proven track record in sales, preferably within the Wines and Spirits industry
- Champagne, Wine and overall spirits knowledge
- On Trade sector knowledge
- Knowledge of Scottish on trade customers
Technical & management skills:
- Commercially analytical and agile
- Strong negotiation skills
- Creativity & Innovation
Personal & interpersonal skills:
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Strong customer focus
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Integrity & Trust
- Organization / Planning / Time Management
- Drive for results