We are recruiting an Accountant for 6 months, to be responsible for all areas related to general ledger, fixed assets accounting, intercompany re-invoicing, with excellent knowledge in accounts payable.
This position will be responsible for maintaining accounting principles and practices and ensure that Louis Vuitton accounting procedures are fully applied.
This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation and maintenance, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
Working under the direction of the Accounting Manager and CFO, the accountant will have contact with all the departments which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily accounting activities required to maintain the company's general ledger in all aspects.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Ensure completion and review of all post-close reconciliations (main balance sheet account reconciliations). Ensure all balances are properly supported and documented.
- Maintain organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions and all journal entries.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborate with the other finance department members to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy. Recommend and implement techniques to improve organization's productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs,..
- Prepare for and ensure a clean and timely year end audit. Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Ensure that the company's management principles, policies, and programs are consistently practiced.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- complete general ledger operations
- reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- Review and book the add-on cost invoices ( freight and duties charges )
- Prepare intercompany re invoicing and reconciliation
- Prepare suppliers payments and reconciliation
The ideal candidate will prove:
- 2-3 year experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication and social skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- English fluency, Arabic being a plus
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office package