This job has two main objectives:
- To handle efficiently general accounting tasks on a daily basis for 2 companies acting in Retail and Wholesale; this objective requires good accounting technical skills, great rigor, and organization.
- To handle reporting of financial statements of the same companies on a monthly basis This objective requires good understanding of budget and fashion accounting & reporting rules, working papers organization skills and as well as autonomy and proactivity in meeting the Maisons deadlines.
- Posting of all entries (P&L, Balance sheet) into AX Microsoft Dynamics Review Trial Balance & maintain work papers to support balances in the balance sheet on a monthly basis with comments, action plans to discuss for approval with the Controller.
- Review of Fixed Assets to ensure group procedures are followed, and depreciation is performed timely
- Cash (all entities): monitor daily cash; record cash receipts; prepare monthly bank reconciliations, including follow-up of reconciling items, in a timely manner; manage unclaimed property items (procedure to implement)
- Manage all inter-company accounts and perform inter-company reconciliations
- Monthly accounting close :posting journal entries, accruals review, inventory / margin reconciliation in support of the Financial Analysts
- Financial planning : Monthly reporting: input in LVMH Financial reporting system (Syrus) and perform consistency checks accordingly
- Quarterly closings: analysis of balance sheet variations and cash flow impacts.
- Participate in the budget and budget update process with Financial analysts.
- Assist in monthly reporting of sales and use tax
- Assess levels of internal controls on self-related processes
- Escalate concerns to Controller and CFO, and propose alternative processes.
- Assist Controller as needed on tax issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required ; good knowledge of accounting GAAPs expected
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably in retail corporations or auditing firms
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of AX Dynamics is a plus
- Consistent quality work
- Self organization and planning, defining priorities and targeting deadlines
- Paperwork organizational skills
- Solution oriented, showing initiative and proactivity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- Integrity and trust