LVMH Inc is a holding company, headquartered in New-York city, which provides corporate services to its affiliates in the US. It is 100% controlled by LVMH - Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton - the worldwide leader in luxury goods. The company also manages twenty-five+ entities: other holdings, and real-estate entities.
The ideal candidate will mainly be responsible for preparing & analyzing monthly financial statements and prepared budgets for a portfolio of real estate and holdings companies. In addition, the candidate will manage some bank reconciliations and intragroup receivables. The accountant will participate in other department functions as and when required.
The main tasks will include:
1. In partnership with third party accounting services company, the accountant manages responsibilities for the month-end, quarterly and year-end close for a portfolio of Real Estate entities. This includes:
- Review and analysis of the General ledger
- Preparation of financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow)
- Monthly recording of IFRS 16, Capex and Depreciation
- Analysis of variances vs Budget, revised budgets and previous year actual
- Review the Bank reconciliations prepared by the third-party accounting services company
- Budget and Actual Capex Reporting
- Ensuring that reporting deadlines are met
2. Liaising with the building manager, building team and third party accounting services company, prepare the Budget and revised budgets. Challenge operational, make the supporting analysis.
3. Support in the monthly close of other legal entities:
- Reconcile the affiliates cash-pooling positions & financial interests indicated in the Treasury system and the Accounting System.
- Record incoming payments from Maisons and third parties
- Bank Reconciliations for several legal entities
- Account Receivables Reconciliation
- Prepare the necessary accruals if needed
4. Assist in other finance functions as needed
- S. in Accounting
- 3-5 years accounting experience, preferably Big Four experience, CPA certification or working towards CPA certification is a plus
- Excellent analytical skills
- Advanced Proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Ability to deliver qualitative reporting under very short deadlines
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of management
- Excellent communication skills