Position title: Accounting Manager Netherlands, LVMH Perfumes & Cosmetics BeNeLux.
Perimeter: 1,5 legal entity in direct responsibility; 4 legal entities in the total scope.
Reports to: Finance Director, LVMH Perfumes & Cosmetics BeNeLux.
Scope of the position:
LVMH Perfumes & Cosmetics BeNeLux is an organization composed of 4 legal entities (1 legal entity in the Netherlands, 1 legal entity in Luxembourg and 2 legal entities in Belgium, out of which 1 has a permanent establishment in the Netherlands) distributing perfumes and cosmetics products, in Belgium, in Luxembourg and in the Netherlands, of 5 international brands: Parfums Christian Dior, Guerlain, Parfums Givenchy, Kenzo Parfums which are French brands, and Benefit Cosmetics, which is a US brand.
The position requires to work on a weekly basis in 2 different locations where our back offices are: in Brussels, Belgium and in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- In charge of the bookkeeping of the legal entities incorporated in the Netherlands
- Manage a team of 2 to 3 accountants in the Netherlands, and liaises with the BeLux Account Manager based in Brussels,
- Plan and follow up on the accountants' daily activities
- Provide training to the SSC team members when needed
- Plan and execute the monthly closing of the books
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts for the legal entities are fully reconciled on a monthly basis
- Maintain the accuracy of the fixed assets (value, correct coding, flows, reconciliation and accruals) and their depreciation
- Ensure intercompany reconciliations are performed and discrepancies immediately fully investigated
- Ensure the accuracy of all accruals and reversals, prepaid accounts and rebills
- Reconcile the monthly payroll
- Supervise the bank activity including, bank reconciliation,
- Manage all tax advisors
- Manage all tax topics including income tax return, VAT tax,
- Manage the transfer price audits and external audits
- Ensure Group internal control procedures are in place at all times
- Assist in the development and implementation of systems, procedures and goals relating to accounting functions for the company
- Address special projects from senior management as needed
- 10+ years of experience in Accounting in the Netherlands
- Fluent spoken and written Dutch, English, and French
- Knowledge in ERP system (SAP is a plus) and professional skills in Excel
- Ability to manage time and people to task completion
- Capable of managing multiple deadlines with proven organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently at times
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise discretion and professionalism with sensitive information
- Ability to deliver information in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to communicate effectively by phone and in person
- Time sensitive, accurate and highly dependable