The Watch & Jewelry division of LVMH brings together 6 leading Houses in high-quality watchmaking, jewelry and high jewelry with complementary positions. The Division is present in 34 countries with Brands Headquarters in 3 different countries, respectively Switzerland, Italy and France, what makes the Watches & Jewelry division a highly international pool with 8,000 employees from 65 nationalities. This is the most significant Watches & Jewelry division belonging to a luxury Group, LVMH being the world leader in this industry with more than 70 prestigious Houses in all five major sectors. Established in 1999, the Watches & Jewelry sector is the most recent Group's activity and counts among the top dynamic brands on the market. The shared mission of the 6 Houses is to employ their bold creativity and perfectly master their proper "savoir-faire" to constantly surprise their customers and offer them the objects they desire. A quest for excellence, creativity and innovation guide the Houses in this area every day.
The Accounting Manager handles the day-to-day accounting operations of 3 entities, provides financial data and explanations to management and headquarters on a timely basis while ensuring transactions are properly accounted for within generally accepted and standard accounting practices. Leads and develops the team consisting of Senior Accountant and AP specialist.
STRENGTHS FOR SUCCESS
- Knowledge of financial reporting
- Experience with monthly as well as seasonal accounting activities
- Ability to build effective partnerships with each assigned business area.
- Ability to use financial data and creative ideas to strengthen the brand's business.
- Familiarity and experience with accounting for revenue recognition principals
Reports to the Finance Director. Direct Reports will include an A/P Specialist and Senior Accountant.
Interacts regularly with other members of the Finance team and all brand and shared services teams within the North American organization and the Caribbean and Latin America (CLA) organization. Also communicates regularly with colleagues at LVMH Inc and TAG Heuer headquarters in Switzerland.
- Oversees the general accounting functions, which includes accounts payable, general ledger, treasury, and taxes. Manages the day-to-day activities of the accounting department and ensures that all major projects, month-end, and year end reports are completed accurately and on time.
- Responsible for the integrity of the general ledger accounts, verifying that P&L accounts are used consistently and that all balance sheet accounts balances can be substantiated.
- Prepares, reviews and analyzes financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Manages the month-end close; review journal entries, reconciliations and variance explanation and reports financial statement to HQ:
- Prior to close, reviews activity to ensure anticipated activity has been booked and any unanticipated activity is identified and investigated.
- During close process, reviews actuals for consistency with forecast and understands main drivers for variances.
- Reports the financial results and all related supporting schedules to HQ thru Syrus (web-based portal).
- After the close, leads the monthly balance sheet review with the Finance Director and VP of Finance.
- Develops team by managing performance, cross- training, setting goals, and maintaining strong employee relationships.
- Works with all departments (sales, marketing, commercial team, operations, shared services, etc) that have an impact on financial statements to understand key business initiatives and ensure that the financial implications of those initiatives are captured properly in the books and records.
- Performs income tax calculations, reviews state sales tax and GST return preparation on an monthly basis autonomously and accurately.
- Prepares and inputs the Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, and Tax packages in Syrus for the Budget and Forecast process.
- Serves as key business / financial consultant for various business departments.
- Ensures that adequate provisions or allowances are maintained for returns, inventories, receivables, deferred rent, warranties, and other obligations.
- Primary contact for internal and external auditors, local tax authorities, tax auditors and tax advisors.
- Improve and secure all Accounting- related operational processes through automation and streamlining current process.
- Key financial representative in various ad hoc committees and initiatives.
- Performs ad hoc analysis and projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Understands Accounting concepts and impact of decisions
- Possesses a clear understanding of basic accounting practices for posting journal entries, processing month end close, best practices for accruals and method for preparation of financial statements
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and SAP
- Proven experience in people management
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Excellent analysis skills and capacity to share conclusions in a clear, rational way
- Demonstrated ability to adeptly manage multiple projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail
- Adept at assimilating quickly to changes within a fast paced business environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Team player attitude
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner both in written and verbal formats
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
At least 7-10 years of accounting experience required, previous Managerial experience required
Working knowledge of GAAP and IFRS rules
CPA a strong plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender (including gender identity and expression), pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.