Reporting to the Accounts Payable Coordinator, the role involves all aspect of an AP function across three UK companies of high-end fashion brands.
- To ensure that the expense purchases of the business are accurately and efficiently recorded in the company ledgers.
- To ensure that the stock purchases of the business are accurately and efficiently recorded in the company ledgers in line with the companies procurement procedures
- To ensure that the company accounting controls and procedures are followed in financial transaction processing
- To ensure smooth communication and interaction with other company departments and external suppliers on a day-to-day basis
- Registration and input of supplier invoices on receipt, into JDE Accounting system
- Follow-up of invoice authorisations and approvals
- Assist on preparation of payment runs, ensuring creditors are paid on time
- Preparation of reconciliations between ledger and supplier statements
- Dealing with queries from external suppliers and other departments within the company
- Assisting with preparation of year-end accounts
Assist in other tasks and areas of the team's work as the need and opportunity arises.
- Good communication, autonomous, Commercial awareness, pro-active, able to work with frequent and tight deadlines, committed to quality
- Strong team player
- Very good attention to detail
- Ability to deal with high volume workloads, while ensuring that detail and accuracy is maintained
- Conscientious, with commitment and initiative to follow through and resolve difficult issues and problems quickly and accurately
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic office environment
- Experience within a well-run accounting office (prior internship)
- Able to deal with multi currencies
Knowledge of basic accounting and cost allocation principles, accounting procedures and processes.