Job Title: Accounts Payable Manager
Location: 555 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10022
The Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for managing accounts payable related activities and procedures for the Organization. This position addresses tight deadlines and accounting activities including general ledger support, financial reporting, year-end audit participation and the support of budget and forecast activities. Working under the direction of the Director of Finance, the Accounts Payable Supervisor will be the primary contact of all the head of departments, which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
- Oversee the daily accounting activities required to maintain the company's AP ledger in all aspects.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly AP financial information.
- Coordinate and supervise the AP Accountant/s
- Manage all vendor payments and expense reimbursements (check, ACH, wire)
- Manage all related AP closing activities, including accruals, IC and AP sub ledger reconciliations
- Prepare and analyze the monthly AP ageing and KPIs
- Maintain the Lease contracts database and ensure the proper accounting treatment for rents (fixed, variable, deferred, LDS, IFRS16)
- Responsible for PO system and T&E System
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies, related to AP functions to ensure adherence to the company guidelines
- Participate to the Cash projection and reporting
- Recommend and implement techniques to improve organization's productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, and maintain state-of-the-art techniques.
- Responsible for audit and compliance requirements and requests related to AP
- Support Director of Finance with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Responsible for vendor 1099 filings and year end reporting requirements
Required Skills, Knowledge and Attribute
- Minimum 5- 7 years of relevant experience in Accounting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Supervisory experience preferred
- SAP highly preferred.
- Experience in rent/leases in Retail is a must
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and IFRS
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-Oriented and Organized
- Strong time management skills to handle multiple tasks and effectively prioritize workload
- Strong computer skills. Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel