MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
- Reporting to the Head of Accounting, this role gives the opportunity to join the finance team of a Shared Service Centre providing the back-office services to several luxury fashion brands part of LVMH.
- The role involves all aspect of an AR function across 7 UK and Irish companies
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Record the sales of the businesses accurately and efficiently in the company ledger
- Reconcile payment types; store credit card receipts against sales, deposits and credit notes
- Manage the concession reconciliations.
- Post bank receipts on weekly basis.
Recharges and Receipts:
- Raise intercompany recharges and credit notes, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Reconcile trade receivables accounts and send statement.
- Manage receivable accounts in a tidy fashion and ensure credit terms are adhered to
- Communicate and interact smoothly with all internal & external accounts receivable parties (Stores, department stores, banks, credit card companies, other accounting teams)
- Assist with preparation of year-end accounts and support the audit process
- Assist with mandatory declarations: Bicester turnover quarterly turnover declaration, Monthly submission of office of national statistics business survey-retail sales index (RSI) & Intercompany declarations.
- Assist in other tasks and areas of the team's work as the need and opportunity arises
PRINCIPAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
Education and experience:
- 1-2 years' experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of accounting fundamentals, cost allocation principles, accounting procedures and processes.
- Excellent Excel skills including Pivot table
- Previous experience of JDE/SAP accounting software would be beneficial
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced office environment
- Very good attention to detail, able to work with deadlines, committed to quality
- Conscientious, with commitment and initiative to follow through and resolve issues accurately
- Excellent communication skills, in person and in writing, commercial acumen.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members
- Knowledge of French would be a benefit, but not essential