Accounts Receivable Accountant
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accounts Receivable Accountant is responsible for the oversight of the accounts receivable balance and related administration including daily bank receipting; various month-end reconciliations and procedures; and preparation of data for certain ATO tax compliance. The position start date is yet to be confirmed with an anticipated start date of mid-May 2021.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Accounts receivable and related administration including:
- Daily bank receipting;
- Daily reconciliations for E-commerce and Retail sales;
- Weekly debtor reports highlighting risks;
- Proactive collection of debts;
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to develop payment plans;
- Monthly reconciliations (including other debtors) and related reporting;
- Distribution of monthly statements and handling of related queries;
- Ensuring the key Group KPI of no overdues at year-end is adhered to; and
- Maintenance and completeness of the PPSR register.
Month-end preparation and reporting including:
- Intercompany reconciliations, payments and re-charges;
- Fixed asset reconciliation including creation and settlement in SAP;
- Capital in progress monitoring and follow up;
- Inventory reconciliations and reporting including bi-annual consignment reporting;
- Reconciliations between SAP and other systems (POS and SAV);
- Monthly turnover confirmations to landlords; and
- Other monthly reconciliations and reporting.
- Preparation of the BAS reconciliation (monthly);
- Preparation of the FBT return (annual); and
- Preparation of the International Dealings Schedule (annual).
- Back-up of Accounts Payable Officer on Tuesdays and when on annual leave; and
- To assist Finance Manager and Finance & Operations Manager in preparing ad-hoc financial presentations and projects.
Key Competencies & Attributes
- Very strong attention to detail
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated with an intrinsic desire to strive for excellence; shows initiative and wants to keep raising the bar
- Able to be an efficient business partner with internal and external stakeholders
- A track record of commitment to and successful delivery of high-quality outputs within strict deadlines (organizational and time management skills)
- Able to work independently and flexibly to accommodate changing business needs
- Good team player
- Strong ability to solve problems, offer solutions and make decisions
- Strong integrity and values
- High proficiency in MS Excel is a must
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus