Reporting to the Financial Controller Assistant, this role gives the opportunity to join the accounting team within the UK offices of a Shared Service Centre. The role involves all aspects of an AR function across seven UK and Irish companies of high-end fashion brands from the LVMH Fashion Group portfolio.
- Ensure that the sales of the businesses are accurately & efficiently recorded in the company ledger
- Ensure that intercompany recharge costs are effected in an accurate and timely manner
- Receivable accounts are managed in a tidy fashion and credit terms are adhered to
- Smooth communication & interaction with all internal & external accounts receivable parties (Stores, department stores, banks, credit card companies, other accounting teams)
- Prepare and communicate accurate monthly statements with complete & evidenced costs to customers
- Manage the reconciliation of department store debtors
- Correctly allocate retail store credit card receipts against sales, deposits and credit notes
- Prepare age debtor reports
- Assisting with preparation of year-end accounts
- Assist in other tasks and areas of the team's work as the need and opportunity arises.
- Previous experience of JDE/SAP would be beneficial, with excellent understanding of Excel up to Pivot table standards
- Excellent communication, autonomous, Commercial awareness, pro-active, able to work with frequent and tight deadlines, committed to quality
- Strong AR reconciliation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
- Very good attention to details
- Ability to deal with high volume workloads, while ensuring that detail and accuracy is maintained
- Conscientious, with commitment and initiative to follow through and resolve difficult issues and problems quickly and accurately
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic office environment
- Experience within a well-run accounting office
- Able to deal with multi currencies
- Knowledge of basic accounting and cost allocation principles, accounting procedures and processes.