ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST
Thélios is born from the will of the LVMH group, world leader in luxury, to penetrate the eyewear sector in the creation of unique frames that can faithfully combine Italian design and craftsmanship with the core values of each House. Synthesis of the names of the Greek gods Theia, goddess of light and sight, and Helios, god of the sun, Thélios covers the entire eyewear production cycle, dealing with the design, production and worldwide distribution of sunglasses and optical frames for some of the Houses within the LVMH portfolio. As an emblem of quality and excellence at every level, in the product as well as in the service, in communication, and in distribution, Thélios offers its own 'enlightened look' on the sector.
Excellence in execution is at the core of what we do. This high-profile role within the accounting department will drive awareness and prestige through engaging activities facilitating top line growth.
Position Title: Accounts Receivable Specialist
Location: Rutherford, New Jersey
Reports to: Accounts Receivable Manager
Department: Accounting and Finance
Job Status: Full time
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will be responsible for tracking and resolving any outstanding payment/collection issues in a timely manner. The ideal candidate should possess strong communication skills with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Responsible for heavy volume of collections of the 3O Canadian accounts (Optical, Ophthalmology, and Optometry).
- Responsible for ensuring payment is received in a timely and efficient manner.
- Communicate to accounts by issuing invoice reminders to clients regarding payments.
- Post customer payments promptly and accurately by recording credit card transactions, checks and ACH and entering them into the general ledger or accounting software.
- Verify the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from multiple departments.
- Investigate Dept. Stores charge-backs (authorized or unauthorized deductions) by obtaining and investigating information from multiple departments; dispute the unauthorized deductions and follow up for reversals directly with the customer.
- Manage collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, and credit line, coordinating contact with the AR Manager and CFO
- Files, maintains, and distributes accounting documents, records, and reports to appropriate persons
- Performs other general accounting tasks required to support the Accounting Department
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred
Minimum of 4 years + of relevant work experience in Accounts Receivable required
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Apple applications/tools
Intermediate knowledge and use of Excel (pivot tables) is preferred
Ability to analyze, problem solve and must possess exceptional attention to detail
Must possess good communication both verbal and written; interpersonal skills and work in team environment
Ability to meet deadlines and demonstrate high sense of urgency
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
SAP knowledge preferred