The Glenmorangie Company is currently recruiting for ‘The Ultimate' Distillery Production Manager to lead the team at the iconic Ardbeg Distillery on Islay.
Ardbeg was established in 1815, and is revered by connoisseurs around the world as the peatiest, smokiest and most complex of all the Islay malts. Despite its smokiness, Ardbeg is renowned for its delicious sweetness, a phenomenon that has affectionately become known as ‘the peaty paradox'. Ardbeg Distillery is well established as a niche, cult malt, with a passionate following.
This is an exciting time to join a cutting-edge company who strive on quality and continuous improvement to ensure excellent standards are continually met & exceeded.
Reporting directly to the Operations Director and sitting as part of the operations management team, the Distillery Production Manager will be responsible for producing high quality spirit and whisky, providing inspiring leadership to the production team and maintaining the highest standard of safety and environmental compliance. The distillery is undergoing ambitious expansion plans. You will be responsible for production, warehousing and whisky supply and the management of 13 employees on site.
The Distillery Production Manager is a key face of the Ardbeg Brand at its spiritual home, the Ardbeg Distillery. Representing the brand at events and to those making the journey to the brand home is a key element of the role.
- Develop the distillery to achieve short, medium and long-term business goals covering distilling, maturation and whisky supply.
- Manage the safety performance of the site
- Manage and develop the team to provide benefit to the business and employee
- Ensure all regulatory requirements are met and the company is compliant with COMAH, H&S and Environmental requirements
- Interact with brand advocates and influencers representing the key role of the distillery
- Manage the distillery to ensure that production quality, performance and budget targets are met
- Control yield and minimising costs and losses during production
- Project lead upgrades and new installation
- Maintain assets through maintenance/replacement programmes
- Responsible for the distillery budget
- In partnership with the Operations Director, set stretching KPI's and deliver continuous business improvements through change, innovation and optimisation of resources
The Ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
Education: IBD Diploma distiller with BSc in Brewing & Distilling, Undergraduate degree in related field (e.g. Science, Engineering etc.), ideally NEBOSH certified
Languages : English
Professional experience & know how: Proven and established experience in a leadership role in Distillation or Brewing.
Technical & management skills: Continuous improvement techniques, project management skills, multitasking and ability to work independently, as well within a strong team environment, problem solving abilities, creativity and diligence, financial and budgeting experience, proven ability to meet management performance standards
Personal & interpersonal skills: An ambitious leader with a track record of employee engagement, leading and developing teams with sound influencing & communication skills.
Package: The successful applicant will be offered an attractive salary and benefits package and continuous personal development within a global leading organisation. Please state your desired salary level on application.
NOTE: Only candidates with a suitable profile will be contacted for further discussions about the position.
Unsolicited introductions from employment agencies will not be accepted.