POSITION: Area Manager
LOCATION: Field Based, Scotland
REPORTS TO: Senior Regional Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Business and Account Managers, City Make Up Artist, Business Support Manager
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Deliver and exceed retail sales targets through the recruitment, development and retention of high performing teams. Consistently act as a brand ambassador to ensure effective communication of the brand values internally and externally through strong relationships with our retail partners.
- Manage the consultant counters in the area
- Set retail sales, staffing, stock and productivity targets by counter that deliver the company's budgetary requirements.
- Review regularly the performance, opportunities and challenges in individual stores (and across the region) to ensure an appropriate business strategy is applied.
- Recruit a strong team in each counter and in particular to recruit strong Account Managers who can manage their own business; take a proactive approach to recruiting new retail talent and addressing performance issues within the team (around 60 consultants in 20 counters).
- Motivate and empower the team to exceed retail, launch, productivity, and CRM targets employing the Brand Coaching methods.
- Take ownership of the development of your team through the annual appraisal process; use the resources of education development accordingly.
- Ensure all recruitment, performance management and disciplinary activity follows the guidelines set.
- Ensure all counters adhere to the company art of selling, merchandising guidelines and personal grooming standards, and implement all counter management guidelines and tools.
- Manage the relationship with local store management to ensure they are 100% clear on the annual plan in the store, our objectives, strategy and tactics; work with team in store to identify local opportunities to further the success of the brand.
- Take responsibility for timely reporting from the store teams, ie. Web reporting, pos lite and driving compliancy.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with Head Office team members
POSITION WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
Reports To: Retail manager
Direct Reports: Business and Account Managers, City Make-up
Internal: Education Team, HR, Make Up Artists, Beauty Consultants, Marketing, Merchandising, Commercial Team.
External: Retail partners and Agencies.
- At least 3 years' experience in a management role
- Good understanding of retail principles and practices
- Experience within the retail market, ideally in the South Coast area
- Personal affinity with the brand and the category
Key Leadership / Managerial Competencies
- Results driven
- Proven management experience in a fast paced environment
- Capability to build effective teams
- Understands the importance of delegation to direct reports
- Ability to be both proactive and reactive as required
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills to recruit people and secure space in store for activity as required
- Strong communication skills - ability to set targets, communicate and review performance vs expectations with your team
- Competent IT skills (Lotus Notes and MS Office)
- Strong organisation skills
Criteria for performance evaluation :
- Achievement of net and retail targets, and market share growth in area
- Development of and retention of team