This position will be primarily responsible for managing the assigned travel retail accounts in the Americas regions. They will be overseeing and establishing the best strategy to develop sales and increase overall profit. They will also be managing the forecasting, planning and budgets for the travel retail related accounts/ The Area manager is also the main point of contact for visual updates, sales analysis and store level events that drives the business. In addition to all issues pertaining to the designated Retailer(s), they will be working in partnership and providing support to the Regional Director.
- Track monthly P & L: ensure that expenses are in line with budget with special attention to the key line designated by the Regional Director.
- Participate in monthly budget review with the Regional Director and Finance.
- Provide support to the Regional Director for the Income Statement Budget process.
Reports and Analysis:
- Monthly sales reporting and analysis to account and field teams such as Weekly Best Seller by sku, Topline Sales Results, Sku Penetration % and Monthly Ranking by door.
- Review and summarize results of promotional activities: events, regional press exposure, etc.
- Communicate successes and opportunities for new product launches and events.
- Maintain Open To Buy (OTB) - update actual and forecast future Sales & Stock. Forecast shipments, receipts, and end of month (EOM).
- Provide Management with Monthly Sales & Stock Report.
- Provide Wholesale Account Director with monthly shipment estimate by the 20th of each month.
- Manage inventory flow: Conduct regular review of in-stock position by sku, by door. Negotiate with Retailer's planner for additional stock as needed. Monitor all newness orders to ensure correct order quantities are placed.
- RTV tracking and authorization with adherence to budget plan and internal control procedure.
- Resolve stock concerns & requests from field
- Monitor all purchase orders and resolves issues.
- Update Regional Director on stock concerns and take lead in resolving stock concerns.
- Work with Regional Director and Forecast Planning Manager to determine forecast quantity for all newness. Communicate allocation quantity to Retailer's buying/planning team.
- Track seasonal promotional volume plans by launch month.
New Product Launches:
- Partner with Regional Director to strategize and drive new products, core initiatives, and special projects.
- Maintain promotion calendar including management
- New product (launch dates for sell-in and sell-through and allocations).
- Partner with Visual Merchandising Dpt for merchandising updates to maximize profitability. Provide sales data to complement the merchandising strategy and validate the efficacy of proposed updates.
- Conduct regular productivity analysis of merchandising strategy.
Tester & Supplies Forecasting:
- Forecast for designated Retailer taking into account phase in and phase out.
- Validate initial supplies forecast by Wholesale team and ensure forecast reflects changes in the business (new doors, events).
Store Level Events:
- Support in-house coordination of store events: including, but not limited to Visual components, PR activity, Marketing support, collateral requests, and boost orders.
- Assist field in opening of new doors: provide support in coordinating functions that are managed in-house.
- Manage event calendar and communicate areas of opportunity to field.
- Review of event sales results, and communication to corporate teams.
- Quarterly touch base with corporate teams to review event successes and areas of opportunity.
All other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
- Travel Retail Experience preferred.
- 3-5 years' work experience in Travel Retail or international sales and business development (Area Manager/Key Account Manager) strongly preferred
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required.
- Ability to travel 50%-60% of the time
- Experience with Budgets or Income Statement preferred.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office particularly Excel.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to analyze and anticipate business needs
- Experience with bringing and recommending solutions to challenges
- Able to work independently and drive projects to completion
- Flexible and adaptive attitude to changing business needs.
- College graduate or equivalent experience.