Working with the Boutique Director/Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day management of the sales team and ensuring the highest level of customer service throughout the store in line with Christian Dior expectations:
- Maximize every sale, minimize stock losses, and bring new clients to the business
- Open and close the boutique
- Coach, staff, schedule, merchandize, and complete inventory
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed in order to achieve maximum results
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Commercial Performance and Team Management:
- Maximize sales and measure sales performance and conversion rates on a daily basis.
- Provide and inspire outstanding service to our customers.
- Assist in assigning and monitoring sales goals of Sales Associates.
- Responsible for clientele development.
- Participate in the preparation of merchandise displays and presentations, exercising independent judgment and discretion in applying merchandising concepts and guidelines.
- Train, coach, develop, and manage sales associates in selling skills.
- Conduct and/or participate in regular store meetings to discuss performance, sales training, product knowledge, merchandising, and to convey other necessary information to management staff and associates.
- Facilitate proper communication between management and associates.
Clientele Service and Management:
- Participate in the coordination of sales promotion activities, which include seasonal sales, trunk shows, contests, including proper use of in-store signs advertising sales and promotions.
- Train the team on optimizing Capture Rate and After Sale do develop personal customer database.
Product and Stock Management:
- Gather merchandise for transfers, damages, and returns-to-vendor (RTV's).
- Oversee and participate in department inventories.
- Monitor proper pricing of merchandise.
- Minimize stock losses.
- Oversee compliance of associates with established Company policies and standards, such as safekeeping of Company funds and property, personnel practices, merchandise handling, security, sales and record-keeping procedures.
- Help solve problems that affect the department's service, efficiency, and productivity.
- Lock and secure the store, and oversee compliance with all security procedures.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Develop and train associates, build relationships, utilize skills of associates most appropriately.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Effectively manage sales staff toward achievement of sales and clienteling objectives.
- Manage boutique operations effectively including attendance, merchandising, and housekeeping standards.
- Merchandize effectively.
- Maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to work force.
- Adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others, understand material, and provide instructions to associates.
- Operate all equipment necessary to perform the job, including POS systems, PC, phone systems, cash register, sensor-tag remover, and all other office equipment.
- 5 + years of retail experience required, preferably with at least 1 year of management, in a luxury product setting.
- Sense of initiative and commercial creativity with fashion sensitivity.
- Strong knowledge of the luxury industry with fashion sensitivity consistent with the brand.
- Demonstration of own initiative.
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Availability to work the hours necessary to open and/or close the store.
- Ability to maintain presence on selling floor for long periods as needed.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills.