The Assistant General Manager (AGM), Sales is a key business partner to the General Manager at store level. They are responsible for delivery of the DFS vision of exception people delivering exceptional product to our customer. They ensure their team of Product Sales Managers (PSM's) are fully focused and effective in their role as a key link between the global merchant team and our customer, striving to continually improve team and space productivity in their assigned brands or categories. The AGM Sales is responsible for their PSM's achieving sales and productivity targets while, upholding the company's luxury brand image through managing the performance, morale and development of the sales team.
The AGM Sales is a member of the senior team responsible for crafting, leading and delivering approved location specific strategies aligned with the execution and achievement of Company targets, strategic goals and initiatives.
Drive Store Productivity & Service Experience
- Lead a team of Product Sales Managers (PSM) to work effectively with Global & Division Merchants for executing the merchandising strategies in each of their areas
- Lead each PSM to take proactive steps to increase their team sales and continuously improve individual productivity of their team members
- Communicate DFS' overall objectives to your PSMs and their sales team; ensure PSMs have clear goals and objectives which remain focused on the customer experience, increasing productivity and the product sales
- Train, coach and active encourage PSM and the sales team to meet or exceed location sales and profitability targets, while role modeling desired behaviors
- Partner with your General Manager and Talent Management to ensure a succession and development plan is in place for your team
- Take corrective action to improve unsatisfactory performance in consultation with your General Manager and Talent Management
Store Planning & Presentation
- Work with Store teams, Merchants and Visual to execute store presentation and promotional activities
- Actively participate in corporate charity initiatives, local community and government activities to demonstrate DFS' commitment to the local community in both business and social senses
- Communicate with your General Manager, Assistant General Manager Operations, Talent Management, Merchandising, Marketing and Global CSC teams on relevant store issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Business or equivalent preferred.
- 4+ years retail store management required. Regional and market leadership experience with merchandising and financial accountability highly desired. Merchandising and negotiations experience a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Microsoft computer applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access) required.
- International travel may be required to attend senior management meetings as/when scheduled