The Assistant General Manager (AGM), Sales is a key business partner to the General Manager at store level. They are responsible for delivery of the DFS vision of exception people delivering exceptional product to our customer. They ensure their team of Product Sales Managers (PSM's) are fully focused and effective in their role as a key link between the global merchant team and our customer, striving to continually improve team and space productivity in their assigned brands or categories. The AGM Sales is responsible for their PSM's achieving sales and productivity targets while, upholding the company's luxury brand image through managing the performance, morale and development of the sales team.
The AGM Sales is a member of the senior team responsible for crafting, leading and delivering approved location specific strategies aligned with the execution and achievement of Company targets, strategic goals and initiatives.
Primary Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Drive Store Productivity & Service Experience
- Prepare and execute approved store productivity plans that achieve or exceed customer penetration, spend targets and grow market share.
- Lead your PSM's to work effectively with Global & Division Merchants to execute the merchandising strategies in each of their areas. Ensure each PSM is fully conversant with their strategies and relevant brand, assortment, collections knowledge and effectively communicates this with their sales team.
- Coach, train and mentor each PSM to communicate effectively with their Merchant via monthly conference calls and email.
- Drive the local promotional calendar with the Global & Division Merchants and Marketing teams.
- Effectively communicate and execute the Promotions in store as scheduled and agreed in the calendar.
- Ensure your PSM's communicate both opportunities and issues to merchants, with opportunities communicated directly to the Merchant Managers and Planners 6-12 months ahead of time.
- Lead each PSM to take proactive steps to increase their team sales and continuously improve individual productivity of each of their team members.
- Partner with the General Manager for effective utilization of the PSC team for your location to maximize sales productivity and support delivery of exceptional customer service experiences within your location.
- Active involvement in Lease Brand Business relations: positively contribute to leasing relationships, supporting strategies and tactics to build the lease business and seamlessly integrate the teams into the location. Liaise with merchandising, marketing teams and brands as appropriate on PSC events, training, mystery shoppers, store layouts and expectations on customer service experiences.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with joint venture partners in your location and ensure strong communication links are maintained in store. Drive delivery of consistent customer service levels across your location.
- Maintain keen awareness of competitor movements and activities.
- Participate in sales forecasting as requested by the General Manager
- Works as part of a team with your local senior team, Business Development, Group and Corporate
- Finance on the development of proposals for both existing and potential locations as/when required.
- Manage key participant in redevelopment activities for your retail location as/when required
Team & Service Management
- Effectively communicate company overall objectives and how the PSM and sales team are critical to driving the achievement of company vision, store sales targets and strategies for those objectives.
- Ensure PSMs have clear goals and objectives which remain focused on the customer experience, increasing productivity and the product through their relationship with the Merchant Manager. Review performance on a regular basis.
- Create and promote a positive work and industrial relations environment in line with DFS values, employee related policies and practices and local environment considerations. Responsible for PSM and sales staff retention, staff development and job satisfaction levels. Provide effective team leadership through open communication, training, coaching and active encouragement of PSM's and the sales team to meet or exceed location sales and profitability targets, while role modeling desired behaviors.
- Ensure a development plan is in place and actively reviewed for each of your PSM's. Work with your PSM's to identify future potential PSM's and Team Leaders and ensure development plans for this talent
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Management, Business or equivalent preferred.
- Work Experience: 4+years retail store management required. Regional and market leadership experience with merchandising and financial accountability highly desired.
- Merchandising and negotiations experience a plus.
- Tools/Resources: Proficiency in MS Microsoft computer applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access) and email required.
- Travel: International travel may be required to attend senior management meetings as/when scheduled
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong multidimensional leadership ability. Able to effectively operate in a culturally diverse environment with astuteness and sensitivity.
- Must have high degree of integrity and confidentiality with a keen sense of business/financial acumen
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to work under stringent deadlines and high pressure and be able to prioritize a heavy workload with multiple deadlines.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work well with personnel at various levels.
- Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written and be comfortable in making high level presentations.
- Function as a resourceful and proactive team member.
- Must be able to have a flexible schedule.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be accurate.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills; ability to work with complex issue.
- Able to make sound decisions with relevant facts at hand. Does not shy away from conflict.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and on weekends and outside of regular office hours, if required.