- In conjunction with brand marketing teams & local field force, take part in Educational or Cultural Dinners, PR Events or Tasting sessions as an expert-speaker and deliver brand messages to target audience, especially to help the institutional decision makers and influencers increase brand awareness and loyalty.
- Deliver impactful & professional training programs about wines & spirits categories, brands & products, wine service etc., targeting internal MHDC staff and different external audience, including service & management staff of partnering channels, media, agencies or customers, etc. Participate in developing and adapting educational modules & training programs on related brands & products, including content, materials, guidelines and technical notes. Train the promotion team in the on- & off-trade outlets, facilitate the application of their understanding of brands & products to influence the sales to end consumers.
- Support the market development and consolidation by providing related expertise support to MHD field force when needed and facilitate their use of learning tools or their skills & knowledge application through activations defined with other internal partners.
- Facilitate the development of client relationship and refer opportunities to enhance brand awareness and develop sales opportunities, provide insight to improve & upgrade the effectiveness of various marketing activations.
- Support & contribute the development and roll-out of new projects linked to the Academy of Commerce, as well as dedicated initiatives.
- Participate to lead ad-hoc or delegated projects, especially in relation to client experience enhancement.
- Holder of bachelor degree or above from a recognized tertiary institute. Sommelier, wine-making, distillery or brewery training is preferred.
- Holder of WEST Level 3 Award in Wines or demonstration of equivalent knowledge is preferred. Certified WSET Educator is a plus.
- Native Mandarin/Putonghua and fluent in English. Relevant local Chinese dialect especially Hokkien闽南话is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years' work experience, including at least 5 years on Wine & Spirits business or from related sector. Strong sales experience in both B2B and B2C is highly preferred.
- Excellent wines and spirits knowledge.
- Direct wine sales and/or production experience from a local or international brand, or distribution company is a plus.
- Excellent presentation & public speaking skill with solid public training /speaking and seminar delivery experience.
- Excellent social etiquette
- Decent grooming
- Good listening and communication skill
- Good networking capability to influence purchase decisions
- Good time & project management ability
- Excellent PC skills
- Excellent wines and spirits knowledge (cognac, whisky, champagne, red wine, etc)
- Appreciation of high quality lifestyle and culture
- Highly motivated individual, energetic, enthusiastic and team oriented
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Able to plan, organize & coordinate programs with various complexities
- Customer and result oriented
- Cross-culturally sensitive
- Self starter with great sense of self-initiative
- Strong adaptability for growth and changes
- Outgoing, comfortable in bar/nightclub drinking environment
- Able to travel intensively and work under pressure