Full time permanent vacancy
Competitive salary & bonus
Full benefits package - pension, life schemes, private healthcare
At Hublot, each moment races into the future at lightning speed!
Do you have the particular experience, skills, talents or passions that you believe are very special?
We are currently seeking an experienced Assistant Manager for our central London boutique based on Bond Street due to open later this year.
To assist the Boutique Manager in effectively managing the team to achieve sales targets and business goals, as well as ensuring that a positive image of the brand is continually portrayed through a high level of customer service. Being a key Hublot brand ambassador, resulting in a positive brand experience and repeat sales.
- Support the Boutique Manager in the efficient running of the store on a day to day basis
- Monitoring and reporting sales information to head office
- Ensuring store team maximise sales by effectively managing resources and by providing a high quality of service to all customers
- Opening and closing store and ensuring all the team are aware, and follow the security procedures to ensure minimum security risk
- Implement and promote effective working practices resulting in a safe and efficient working environment
- Merchandising displays and ensuring high standards are maintained within the store
- Management and administration of internal till and stock systems
- Support the planning and managing of staff rota's, overtime, holidays and monitoring sickness and report to HR
- Support recruitment, training and inductions
- Support relationships and negotiations with store suppliers, agencies and central management
- Implement brand training plans and support the development of brand knowledge within the team
- Motivating and development of the team
- Support and collaborate with sales and marketing teams to achieve brand plans, objectives and successful in store events.
- Provide in-store aftersales service working with the aftersales teams to achieve a high level of customer service and satisfaction
The ideal candidate will possess the relevant qualifications at graduate level or equivalent as well as 3 years retail assistant management/supervisory experience in a luxury industry or similar. You will be commercially aware and results orientated, with a creative and innovative flair. Customer focus is key in this role and it is imperative that the candidate has the ability to deal with a diverse range of customers in a highly professional manner. The candidate must also be able to assist the Boutique Manager in building an effective team through coaching, management and motivation, while also demonstrating exceptional organisation and time management skills.
If you are passionate about providing leadership to a successful team within a prestigious brand, where a high focus is placed upon delivering excellent customer service, please apply now.