Assistant marketing manager supports marketing activities through the planning, organization, and implementation of in store promotions and activations under the guidance of General Manager and the Sr. Consumer Marketing Manager to contribute to the company's profit maximization and increased traffic and spend.
- Responsible and accountable for executing the approved global and local promotions in line with the promotional calendar.
- Serves as contact with store Visual Merchandise team to ensure the proper space is dedicated and set-up is installed supporting the promotions on time.
- Monitor the promotion effectiveness and collate sales and productivity results relating to the promotional period.
- Analysis of results to identify successes, opportunities for improvements and future implementations.
- Ensure location teams are well briefed and that appropriate levels of supporting collateral are available to support the promotion effective date.
- Control and maintain marketing calendar for all events, projects, and deadlines for the airports. Assure that marketing calendar and activities remain focused on strategy and business objectives and activities/timing are coordinated to maximize efficiency and ROI.
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Management, Business or equivalent preferred.
- Critical Skillls: Strong Command of English language, written and spoken.
- Work Experience: 2-4 years retail management or Marketing required. Team leadership experience or event planning experience a plus.
- Tools/Resources: Proficiency in MS Microsoft computer applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook. Graphics experience a plus: Adobe Creative
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Able to effectively communicate and operate in a culturally diverse environment with astuteness and sensitivity.
- Must have high degree of integrity and confidentiality with a keen sense of business/financial acumen.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to work under stringent deadlines and high pressure and be able to prioritize a heavy workload with multiple deadlines.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work well with personnel at various levels.
- Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be able to have a flexible schedule. (Peak periods and holidays)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills
- Good problem solving skills.
- Japanese or Mandarin language skills a plus