- Process and Compliance
- Co-ordination and implementation of purchasing initiatives in China.
- Assurance of compliance of the purchasing policy and DOA matrix.
- Aware of new regulations (legal, ethical, environmental) and guidelines applicable to our industry and markets.
- Contribute to processes enhancement.
- Sourcing & Supplier management
- Work with stakeholder and budget owners on daily sourcing/pitching process to maximize the company benefits including but not limited to A&P, POSM and Indirect purchasing portfolio, from sourcing strategy to negotiation and execution evaluation.
- Define purchasing strategies by category, fully coordinate with internal clients and deal with both tactical opportunities and long-term strategic goal through negotiation.
- Benchmark and scout the market in order to challenge and optimize the existing purchasing conditions in terms of cost and service level aiming at increasing our competitiveness and profitability.
- Prepare the sourcing and the RFP framework, then lead the RFP process, in close collaboration with internal clients.
- Design and manage a KPI dashboard, conduct suppliers evaluation, and business reviews with top suppliers. Manage the supplier database on categories on new vendor development, qualification process, cost & performance review.
- Value Delivery
- Bring value creation to Internal clients, Marketing & Sales, via Purchasing strategies, Supplier Relationship Management, and regular Business Reviews besides costs optimization.
- Savings achieved after issuance of each relevant PO.
- Measurable cost database for items purchased within the A&P scope.
- Achieve the spending penetration target on key categories.
- To ensure that every internal customer, department, management receives information at the level they need.
- Tendering and execution of the ad hoc projects assigned by Purchasing Manager.
- Master degree in Purchasing or showing equivalent experience.
- Fluent in spoken & written Mandarin & English.
Professional experience & know how:
- 3-5 years in purchasing, marketing functions, or relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of purchasing processes and contract management and exposed to working closely with internal clients.
Technical & management skills:
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and PowerPoint; able to maintain organized database.
Personal & interpersonal skills:
- Result-oriented, you have strong planning and time-management skills.
- Proactive with an entrepreneurial mindset, you are operational excellence focused and improve the processes by implementing new tools.
- Being strongly customer focused with a high product sensitivity, you are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of your internal clients in quality and time.
- Rigorous, you are action and result oriented and are able to multitask effectively.
- Team oriented, you are seen as a truthful person, able to deliver.
- Your communication and negotiation skills ensure excellent relationships with your team, internal clients and suppliers.
- Overall you act as a diplomat and know how to read the situation with a very strong team mindset. Creative thinker, curious, open-minded, you deliver in a constructive manner.