The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Director in driving the business through sales support, enforcing operational policies, training, and stock management. This position maintains the highest degree of customer service every day in accordance with brand principles and empowers associates to make decisions in the best interest of providing an elevated customer experience.
- Develop, train and continuously motivate associates towards achieving and exceeding personal and category sales objectives while applying retail excellence.
- Demonstrate leadership by playing an active role on the selling floor, coaching and team.
- Manage and lead team efforts in clienteling including effective usage of client books towards new client acquisition and retention.
- Meet set category and consignment % of total business goals as defined by management
- Support the sales process as needed;
- Assist in facilitating solutions to customer issues in addition to directly managing escalated customer issues or complaints;
- Support sales staff with consignments;
- Ensure the highest level of customer service;
Policies and Procedures:
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures;
- Enforce all operational policies and procedures as dictated by the Retail Handbook and other related material
- Perform daily reporting and analysis as directed;
- Ensure store visual merchandising standards are met and maintained.
- Support the Visual Merchandising Manager in planning and executing any necessary changes in visual environment.
- Review sales frequently and take action on visual merchandising to maximize sales
Staff Training and Development:
- Coaching on the spot of sales associates to give clear constructive feedback based on facts and observations.
- Assist Store Manager by making recommendations towards the recruitment and development of associates.
- Identify associates training needs to be shared with the Store Manager to implement regular category meetings.
- Providing training and direction to staff;
- Shared responsibility for P&L of the store;
- Maintaining inventory accuracy and shrink rates within company standards by regularly following up with operations and executing initiatives as needed;
- 3+ years' experience in a retail setting with emphasis on operations, store management or office administration, preferably in a luxury setting.
- Computer literate; learn and utilize various software packages
- College degree or equivalent.
- Foreign Languages a plus
- Action oriented; Drive for results
- Able to motivate others and build effective teams
- Service orientation and customer focus
- Social perceptiveness
- Able to mediate and negotiate to resolve conflict
- Strong oral and written communication skills