The Assistant Store Manager provides support to the Store Manager in the overall management of the store, team, merchandise and client experience. In partnership with the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager leads and develops the team, delivers operational excellence, drives the achievement of sales results and ensures that the highest level of client experience is delivered at all times.
- Motivate and support the team so that they perform at their highest level.
- Supervise store personnel and enforce company policies.
- Identify, recruit onboard and develop talents in collaboration with the Store Manager.
- Proactively assess and manage performance of the team to drive business.
- Support team with Customer Journey, selling ceremony, client retention and fostering cross selling.
- Ensure policies, brand standards and grooming guidelines are communicated and implemented.
- Build and maintain client books; meeting sales objectives.
- Help to develop action plans to improve Mystery Shopper Results.
- Implement action plans to to help boost business and maximize product performance, leveraging visual merchandise, clienteling, training and team work.
- Work with the Visual Merchandising Ambassador to ensure Visual Merchandising is consistent with Company standards.
- Ensure that merchandise is properly managed, displayed, stored and maintained by team.
- Support inventory accuracy and shrink rates to company standards.
- Ensure opening/closing counting duties are completed as required and procedures are being met regarding cash, credit card and check processing.
- Minimum 5 years' leadership experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' luxury experience preferred.
- Strong drive for results; goal oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use POS system and its inventory management functions.
- RTW experience preferred.
- Foreign language skill is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lift boxes / weight up to 10lbs.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience a plus.
- Organizational and strong computer skills required.