MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
As the Associate Director of Forecasting you lead a team to develop comprehensive, market and channel specific 24 month rolling forecasts for current and future products by incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, operations, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts and other sources
- Lead the worldwide forecasting process with our 13 markets to ensure the quality of the process and accuracy of results.
- Direct the forecasting activities associated with major events, transitions, new, and discontinued items.
- Leverage knowledge of retail sales, markets evolution and current product performance to propose new initiative potential to internal partners based on market and retail knowledge
- Manage and facilitate the success of the monthly Sales & Operations Planning Process to ensure alignment between financial target and monthly forecasts.
- Encourage open exchange of information and viewpoints with markets and HQ marketing team, as well as inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance
- Achieve forecast accuracy goals in total and by market.
- Facilitate monthly reviews of forecast accuracy results with each markets and utilize feedback from Sales to adjust forward estimates.
- Develop and improve all current reports and forecasting tools
- Be proactive to provide continuous improvement
- Team management (2 direct reports)
- Bachelors or advanced degree in supply chain management, business, math, advanced statistics, economics, operations research and/or computer science
- Be a strong people leader, able to motivate a team and collaborate with peers
- A minimum of 7 years of proven success in Forecasting and Demand Planning at a Manager or Director level (in the Promotional Products industry a plus)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate data into objectives to drive performance and financial objectives
- Experience with US and Asian Markets to understand their specificities
- Professional written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience with the implementation and use of ERP planning tools or Forecasting Tool
- Based in Jersey City , NJ
- Travel to New York office as needed
- Approximately 20% travel required in North America, Asia, and Europe