MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Associate Director/Director, Global Marketing will drive the innovation strategy for some of our key strategic categories of Skincare, Lip Care, Body & Fragrance. The Associate Director/Director, Global Marketing will oversee the development of our long-term innovation pipeline aligning on compelling launch positioning, pricing, packaging, sustainability initiatives, etc. while also leading the 360 campaign go-to-market activation planning. In addition, the Associate Director/Director, Global Marketing leads our brand Sampling Program and Strategy to offer our markets a robust portfolio of consumer sampling each year to continue to drive brand awareness and trial.
- Lead Brand & Product Strategy - Lead teams to manage innovative product development in fresh's strategic recruitment and long-term growth categories to increase brand awareness and drive core - including Skincare, Lip Care, Bodycare & Fragrance
- Define Strategy - Lead execution of product innovation strategies in partnership with cross-functional teams while improving profitability year-over-year including positioning, pricing, packaging design, distribution and forecasting. In addition, work closely with Operational partners to drive key program milestones.
- Identify Opportunities - Identify portfolio white space opportunities based on findings from sales data, market feedback, consumer insights, social listening, CRM data and transposition from other industries.
- Build 360 Campaigns - Lead execution of product marketing and messaging strategy to brief programs to Creative, Digital, Social, PR and collaborate on go-to-market asset development and strategy
- Drive Sampling Program - Lead Sampling Strategy and Assortment to define key priorities, collaborate with markets on key needs, infuse Sustainability and oversee development and execution of annual program
- Leadership/Team Management - Lead, coach and manage a high-performing team of 2. Develop an environment of mentorship, champion change as a team leader within a larger Global Marketing team.
What you will learn (and/or achieve) in the first 6 months -
- Team Trust - Strong cross-functional relationships in building brand knowledge and marketing expertise as a key contributor in a highly competitive and quickly evolving category landscape and consumer-mindset in remote work environment.
- Product/Launch Cycle Rhythm - Work on product/program launches (at various stages in the development cycle) and develop launch campaigns.
- Sustainability Insights - Fresh's long-term strategic sustainability vision with a focus on packaging, responsible sourcing and the communities impacted for future generations.
- Digital Transformation - With a highly penetrated e-business, continually adapt business strategy, assets and tactics to become even stronger as part of the expectations of the consumer across their journey and anticipate future expectations.
What you will achieve in 12 months -
- Drive Fresh leadership in key categories - Build and execute 3-year calendar to match fresh's profitability and brand awareness objectives. Led a team to execute new launch development and campaigns.
- Education - Bachelor's degree, MBA or advance degree preferred
- Experience - Position requires 10+ years Marketing/brand management experience; global development experience preferred
- Marketer - Experience in global development, operational marketing, beauty industry, knowledge of packaging design and development, campaign development and China experience are a plus.
- People Manager - A proven and successful people-management and leadership track record.
- Strategist - Should be a strategic thinker, an ‘influencer', a consensus builder, and an excellent team player.
- 360 Developer - Experience working 360 cross-functionally with key partners -operations, supply chain, forecasting, finance, creative, digital, packaging development, local affiliate markets, pricing, etc.
- Analytical & Creative - Must possess strong analytical skills with their eye on achieving business goals and long-term brand objectives - strong business analysis and financial fluency is a must to match fresh's profitability objectives.
- Project Management - Exhibit a keen ability to be proactive as well as handle a multitude of projects at one time managing timelines and deliverables.
- Agile - Thrives in fast-paced and ever-changing environment, flexible, ability to wear many hats at once.
- Change Driver - Change champion with a curative lens on the changing consumer, business results and decision-making.
- Multi-channel Retail - Understanding of multi-channel retail practices, marketplace advances and consumer technologies in China, Travel Retail, US, Sephora-ecosystem a plus
Based in New York, NY