MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Associate Manager, Global Pricing Strategy will help in developing and enhancing Strategic Pricing capabilities. Reporting to Senior Director, Global Pricing and Business Intelligence the Associate Manager will support in creating three-year pricing plans and new product price positioning. The Associate Manager, Global Pricing Strategy will collaborate regularly with marketing and finance teams within Global Headquarters and the regional markets.
- Collaborate with Regional and Local Marketing and Finance teams to ensure the development of annual pricing planning, with accuracy and discipline.
- Coordinate and project manage cross regional/ local efforts to develop price strategies and capture price points for new products and new markets
- Analyze global, regional, and local market pricing and consumer trends in support of conducting periodic portfolio reviews by brand and region
- Coordinate and manage new pricing efforts across functional teams to arrive at the correct prices for different products/sets
- Develop excel tools to capture pricing gaps, and model financial impact of pricing strategies (ROI, P&L implications, Net Sale, Margins etc.)
- Conduct external competitive benchmarking and consumer trend research as needed to support pricing proposals or provide "post-mortems" insights
- Coaching & train business partners on pricing issues/analytical tools
What you will learn in the first 6 months:
- Solid understanding of pricing architecture and its role in reinforcing brand image and brand positioning, especially in luxury and prestige beauty
- Different pricing practices across different industries and what approaches/ pricing practices are we using for fresh
- Product portfolio of fresh, our brand and business "uniqueness", and how pricing architecture was set up across franchises, categories, and product
- How to optimize pricing of the current product portfolio? What does that mean with pricing corridors and pricing gaps?
- How to set new pricing for a new product or a new franchise (or better, a new category or a new distribution territory)?
- "Behind-the-scene" magic to implement pricing across all countries
What you will achieve in 12 months:
- How to implement 3-year pricing planning process across all markets?
- Global, regional and local market dynamics and their implications on pricing optimization. How to stay consistent with global value while stay regionally/ locally relevant?
- Principles and relevancy of set pricing, promotion, and seasonality from the industry best practice and consumer POV
- The ever-changing landscape and competitive movements and their impact on our pricing decisions
- FX fluctuation and Pricing impact on financial performance of fresh
- BA/BS, preferable in Finance/Marketing/ Economics
- At least three years relevant work experience
- Consulting/Banking or Beauty Industry experience preferred
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Must have experience working with and analyzing large amounts of data
- Advanced in Excel and PowerPoint. SAP knowledge preferable
- Familiarity with international & global financial concepts (VAT, FX, etc.) preferable
- Must be familiar with marketing concepts & product positioning, preferably in prestige consumer goods industry
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined, able to manage multiple tasks; strong project management skills
- Strong team orientation with ability to build and manage cross functional relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly in communicating with senior management
- Positive attitude and flexible disposition
Based in New York, NY