MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Associate Manager, Global Product Development will support the development of new and reformulation projects in line with evolving consumer expectations and fresh sustainability goals remaining on track with target timing. Reporting to the Associate Director, Global Product Development, the Associate Manager will play an active role in the development process from concept through launch, partnering closely with fresh laboratory & internal teams on all day to day aspects of development projects as well as key sustainability initiatives for the brand.
The Associate Manager, Global Product Development has exceptional time-management and project management skills and is extremely detail oriented and organized. The Associate Manager, Global Product Development is a strong cross-functional partner and communicator with fresh's Global Marketing and Project Management teams. With an obsession for beauty, the Associate Manager, Global Product Development is consistently in-tune with the beauty industry and consumer insights.
- Work closely with Associate Director, Product Development (PD) and Managers, PD to support the management and tracking of reformulations in line with company strategy & regulations.
- Work closely with Associate Director, PD & Manager, PD to evaluate formula submissions, provide feedback and re-directs to R&D, and select submissions to be presented to Marketing and Co-Founders
- Work closely R&D teams to ensure projects are meeting key deadlines
- Attend bi-weekly briefing sessions with cross-functional teams to closely track development progress and calendar launch plans.
- Ensure project status and tracking files are kept up to date
- Keep abreast of all new competitive product launches, sustainability advances, new technologies and ingredients
- Conduct research as needed to support new product concepts.
- Support Associate Director, PD and Managers, PD in defining testing needs and creating content (questionnaires), and manage product testing execution (safety, efficacy, consumer panels, etc.) and timing associated
- Support Associate Director, PD and Managers, PD in writing detailed product information: defining full concept, product features, benefits/claims, and keys ingredients and present it along with the product to Marketing, Education & Training teams
- Track progress of all projects in Excel, organizing and analyzing data to provide regular progress reports to Executive Team.
What you will learn (and/or achieve) in the first 6 months:
- Build relationships with key cross functional partners: R&I, Global Marketing, Project Management, Packaging, Storytelling, Regulatory
- Gain an understanding of our product development process in order to track appropriate information and ensure key dates are met according to the timeline
- Build knowledge of the full Fresh portfolio including textures, ingredients, and claims
What you will achieve in 12 months:
- Perfect product evaluation skills
- Develop full understanding of Fresh product development process & timelines
- Support the creation of key documents related to new product development
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related field preferred
- At least three to four years of experience of laboratory formulation or cosmetics Product Development
- Experience in formulation in laboratories of skin care products is a plus
- Significant understanding of the cosmetic industry, cosmetic ingredients and regulatory environment
- Strong tactile skills / aesthetic evaluation of cosmetic products, olfactive strength a plus
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Strong organization and planning skills with attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; ability to translate high-science into consumer-friendly language a plus
- Collaborative and team player
- Willingness for occasional travel
- Proficiency in French a plus
Based in New York, NY