MAIN JOB OBJECIVE
The Associate Manager, Global Product Development will support the development of new skincare, body care & fragrance product launches from ideation to execution. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Product Development, the Associate Manager will play an active role in the technical and creative development process, partnering closely with the fresh laboratory, regional consumer intelligence, and global marketing teams to drive key strategic initiatives and create one-of-a-kind sensorial and effective products.
The Associate Manager, Global Product Development has a passion for the beauty industry, remaining in-tune with industry trends and competitive behavior, and is motivated by creativity and innovation in product development.
- Work closely with Senior Manager, PD to support the development and tracking of new ultra-premium skincare, core skincare, fragrance & body care launches in line with fresh strategic and sustainability business goals.
- Work closely with Senior Manager, PD to evaluate formula submissions, provide feedback and re-directs to R&D, and select submissions to be presented to Marketing and Co-Founders.
- Work closely R&D teams to ensure projects are meeting key deadlines.
- Attend bi-weekly briefing sessions with cross-functional teams to closely track development progress and calendar launch plans.
- Ensure project status and tracking files are kept up to date.
- Keep abreast of all new competitive product launches, sustainability advances, new technologies and ingredients.
- Conduct research as needed to support new product concepts.
- Support Senior Manager, PD in defining testing needs and creating content (questionnaires), and manage product testing execution (safety, efficacy, consumer panels, etc.) and timing associated.
- Support Senior Manager, PD in writing detailed product information: defining full concept, product features, benefits/claims, and keys ingredients and present it along with the product to Marketing, Education & Training teams.
What you will learn (and/or achieve) in the first 6 months:
- Build relationships with key cross functional partners: R&D, Global Marketing, Project Management, Packaging, Storytelling, Design, Regulatory & Asia Operational Marketing
- Gain an understanding of our product development process in order to track appropriate information and ensure key dates are met according to the timeline
- Build knowledge of the full fresh portfolio including textures, ingredients, and claims
What you will achieve in 12 months:
- Perfect product evaluation skills
- Develop full understanding of fresh product development process & timelines
- Support the creation of key documents related to new product development
- Participate in team brainstorming & ideation process for new launches, partnering with co-founders
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-4 years of experience in cosmetics Product Development, or a related field with high learning agility (i.e. Marketing, R&D)
- Experience working in or strong knowledge of the Asian markets, especially China & Korea preferred
- Experience in luxury or ultra-premium skincare market is a plus
- Mandarin speaking is a plus
- Good analytical skills; proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organization and planning skills with attention to detail
- Good skills in tactile / aesthetic evaluation of cosmetic products, olfactive strength a plus
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; ability to translate high-science into consumer-friendly language a plus
- Digitally savvy; engaged and aware of social beauty spaces
- Collaborative team player, with a willingness to learn
- Goal oriented, with a boundless curiosity and a "sky is the limit" attitude
- Occasional travel
Based in New York, NY