MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Associate Manager, Planning will be responsible for a category of Fresh's product planning, and procurement of components and planning of productions at subcontractors. Based in the Jersey City, NJ office and reporting to the Associate Director, Planning, the Associate Manager will be an effective communicator with cross functional partners with the ability to make timely decisions on process implementation and improvement.
- Manage the skincare and lifestyle planning team: develop the team to continuously improve the technical and managerial skills of the team members, be able to provide support when necessary.
- Standardize processes among planners.
- Foresee the evolution of the product category and the impacts on the team to be able to react timely.
- Detect opportunities of improvement and lead continuous improvement projects; Implement strong processes.
- Continuously improve service level on specific category, reduce the air shipping ratio, optimize the component stock level.
- Plan the procurement of finished goods and components among the category using AX MRP to ensure on-time, in-full deliveries to the distribution center
- Act as main contact for a portfolio of vendors, animate weekly call
- Maintain fill rates at or above corporate targets
- Validate, Expedite, defer and cancel PO's to meet fill rate and inventory turn requirements
- Review weekly reports (including weekly alerts)
- Manage the end of life process.
- Solve daily issues, make quick decisions, stay on top of actions.
- Ad hoc projects for Planning team as needed
- Master's degree preferred
- Minimum five year experience in planning
- Excellent knowledge of MRP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proactive, ability to teach, quick learner
- Experience in the cosmetic or skincare industry
- Experience on AX
- Good knowledge of Visual Basic or SQ
- Packaging/components Manufacturing experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Hardworking, ability to work under pressure, quick decision maker
- Ability to work in French a plus
Based in the Jersey City, NJ Office
About two international trips per year
Periodic flexible working hours due to time difference with international suppliers (China, Europe)