The Associate Planning Manager quantifies the Merchandise Strategy for his/her area of responsibility through development of the seasonal plans and the Brand/Class location sales plans. This position is responsible for forecasting, ordering and allocating product, and for maximizing the productivity of inventory and gross margin. This position is a training position for the Planning Manager position.
- Delivers category sales, gross margin and turnover performance to plan.
- Works with the Merchandise Manager partner to monitor overall inventory levels to plan and forecast.
- Identifies and evaluates sales and gross margin opportunities at the department level.
- Works closely with Director of Planning, Merchandise Manager (MM), Product Sales Manager (PSM) and Distributor partners to develop and manage financial plans.
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of department OTB every month at the division and group level.
- Maintains Group OTB to manage forward buys in-line with department inventory targets.
- Provides ongoing feedback and information to team members on sales results, competitive practices, and delivery issues with vendors, and other specific information which could impact the performance of the business.
- Establishes and maintains intensive key item, key brand/class, and key location focus.
- Monitors and forecasts inventory levels at the division and location level.
- Establishes and maintains assortment plan pipeline by determining order quantities and placing orders with suppliers.
- Buys merchandise for the divisions based on model stock and trends to achieve optimal sales, profit and inventory performance.
- Identifies slow and best sellers in inventory, and respond to maximize sales and minimize risks.
- Determines markdown strategy and ensure communication/execution with divisions.
- Ensures all inventory targets are met, including turnover, currency and style/SKU counts.
- Provides input into the development of a department merchandise strategy.
- Develops department seasonal plans at the division and group level.
- Creates Brand/Class level sales plans by location.
- Works with the PSMs, MM and Distributors to execute the strategy.
- Encourages and supports the development of our talented people. Offers honest and constructive feedback to direct reports and business partners fostering individual and group development.
- Is focused on self-development preparing for promotion to Planning Manager in two years.
Division Partner Relations
- Develops and maintains effective working partnership with divisions particularly PSMs and Distributors, while ensuring divisions execute category strategy appropriately.
- Drives decision-making and problem solving on at the merchandise issues at the division and location level.
- Ensures team results, relationships and processes are aligned with DFS mission and values.
- Ensures efficiency and effectiveness of merchandising work processes.
- Ensures that product moves efficiently through the supply chain.
- Monitors logistics and delivery costs.
- Manages all aspects relating to the ordering and allocation function.
- Problem solves all late deliveries and drives improvement where necessary.
- Minimum of 2 year in a buying and/or planning function with financial and analytical merchandising background.
- University Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- International mobility, for career advancement opportunities, to San Francisco, Hawaii, Hong Kong, Singapore and other major Asia-Pacific cities.
- Able to travel up to 12 weeks per year.
- Luxury market experience preferred.
- International business experience preferred.
- Leadership experience developing, managing and influencing people required.
- Negotiation experience required.
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Timely Decision Making
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Managerial Courage
- Problem Solving
- Drive for Results