Under the direction of the Director of Global Merchandising Operations, the Assistant / Senior Assistant Manager provides the vision, leadership and creativity to strategically build the functionality and efficiency of the Global Merchandising Operations Group. The Assistant / Senior Assistant Manager of Global Merchandising Operations is responsible for managing the workflow of his or her team in completing tasks that will help Merchants and Planners from all Product Groups to optimize use of systems and ensure data consistency. The Assistant / Senior Assistant Manager of Global Merchandising Operations will act as a troubleshooting expert and ensures excellence of operations. The Assistant / Senior Assistant Manager of Global Merchandising Operations also assists the Director of Global Merchandising Operations in identifying and standardizing best practices and tools for merchandising processes.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Data Quality & Governance
- Offer solutions to improve Global Merchandising Operations effectiveness and efficiency, and meet Service Level Agreements, defining performance criteria regarding quality, quantity and timing
- Define data quality exception reports to ensure compliance with data governance rules and effectively communicate with the organization.
- Ensure Specialists understand the connection between quality data and effective business analysis within both Planning and Reporting systems.
- Support Merchandising team with including but not limited to the following key tasks:
o SKU Creation and Maintenance
o Price Changes (Retail, Markdown and Emergency)
o VST Management
o SACOMM Management
o Purchase Order Creation and Maintenance
o VAMS Management
- Ability to expand the scope of support as the team evolves
- Lead a team of 6 Specialists in data governance, supporting Merchandising, Planning, and Marketing functions
- Encourage and support the development of his or her team. Offer honest and constructive feedback to direct reports and business partners, fostering individual and group development. Encourage upward movement of team within the organization
- Ensure team results, relationships and processes are aligned with DFS mission and values
- Develop and maintain effective working partnerships with internal Planning and Merchandising customers, ensuring the MS team executes category strategy appropriately
- Develop standardization and industrialization of ad-hoc projects with both Merchants and Planners from all Product Groups, driving decision-making and problem-solving
- College or University Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Previous merchandising and/or planning and/or Shared Services Center Preferred.
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Good at problem solving and able to handle multiple priorities.
- Very detail-oriented, with a high level of accuracy and the ability to detect inconsistencies in data.
- Building Effective Teams
- Comfort Around Top Management
- Conflict Management
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Developing Direct Reports
- Directing Others
- Innovation Management
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Negotiating Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Process Management
- Customer Focus
- Managerial Courage