Develop and execute strategic Marketing programs for LVMH Fragrance Brands' Makeup business in accordance with
Management's objectives. Meet growth objectives and contribute to overall corporate profit through new product
launches, as well as the ongoing support of basic business within a given outlined budget. Oversee implementation of
promotion and strategy aligning with key retailer objectives, with a focus on Sephora. Work closely with Creative to
execute updates across retailers and boutiques with a focus on the Sephora gondola update process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and implement U.S. Marketing strategies for Makeup category with a focus on topline growth and increasing market share and rank.
- Lead, plan, and execute launch programs including: adapting launches for U.S. market, forecasting launch
quantities, etc. Additionally, manage full 360-launch plans including: budget, visual weeks, merchandising,
sampling, account specific adaptation. Partner with cross functional teams on execution of PR, education, events,
media support, and co-op programming.
- Lead implementation of Sephora-specific strategy, including gondola update process. Partner closely with Sales to
ensure strong execution of Sephora-specific programming, promotions, and all initiatives.
- Develop seasonal marketing calendar to maximize launches and strategic focus. Ensure ongoing update and
communication of the calendar to all relevant stakeholders.
- Develop strong working relationship with Paris HQ team. Communicate regularly to outline U.S.-specific needs,
provide feedback on launches, including category analysis with U.S.-specific needs (e.g., shades, claims, name,
formula, competition, trends, and gaps/opportunities in product portfolio).
- Issue quarterly trend report, including: NPD competitive information, new product launches, and social media
- Manage the forecast process for new product launches and POSM materials, including benchmark analysis.
- Lead and drive merchandising initiatives for all distribution channels: Sephora; Installations; Counters, including
launch glorifiers, new makeup bar units, as well as Sephora gondola, and all updates.
- Ensure that creative and purchasing process is tracked closely and adhere to set timelines.
- Work closely with Sales Force to customize programming per retailers (Sephora, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus,
Saks, Dillard's, etc.) in order to maximize sales and visibility per account.
- Build and revise annual budget (promotional spending). Reconcile monthly actual to budget spending to make sure that spending is on target.
- Develop strong working relationship with Sales Administration to develop accurate and strategic forecasts for new
products. Recommend adjustments to basic business forecasts based on new product projections.
- Take proactive approach toward saleable and non-saleable inventory through monthly updates. Ensure correct
inventory of saleable line items to minimize out of stocks and inventory excesses.
- Track retail sales and overall product performance in order to anticipate and react to
- Ensure that testers and merchandising units are forecasted according to usage and to budget to ensure maximum efficiency and minimize out of stocks and excess inventory.
- Establish and maintain strong and supportive individual and team relationships with cross-functional groups to enhance achievement of objectives. Ensure that all relevant stakeholders are informed fully of marketing plans (and any changes) on a timely basis.
- Spearhead development of seasonal sales sell-in materials.
- Prepare and present product marketing calendar and support programs at seasonal Sales Conferences.
- Prepare and present seasonal marketing calendar and programs to all retailers twice per year. Develop working
relationship with retailers to maximize growth and retailer-specific needs.
- Spearhead all procedures, forms, analyses, and reports critical to the execution of marketing plans.
- Manage QVC product assortment and ensure product file submission on time to get authorization for on air shows, on time with schedule.
- Complete other projects, analyses, or job-related activities on a timely basis, as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of Marketing experience in the beauty industry, specifically on a U.S. local affiliate market working with
product development teams abroad
- Prestige makeup experience preferred
- Sephora experience preferred, including working on merchandising
- Strong analytical skills, oral and written presentation skills, and excellent computer skills, including Excel, and
PowerPoint; NPD analytical skills preferred
- Exhibit a keen ability to be proactive as well as handle a multitude of projects at one time
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Should be a strategic thinker, an "influencer," a consensus builder, and excellent team player