The BA will champion and convey knowledge of our Tequila, Volcan de mi Tierra, by working toward our goal of maximizing the brand's image, awareness and equity. They will develop a detailed knowledge of the brand and will be seen as an extension of the brand stakeholders, someone that the trade, consumers and influencers, will go to for education, and inspiration.
The Brand Ambassador for Volcan de Mi Tierra, reports to the Brand Director. This fulltime position will support regional sales teams (BDM's) in execution and implementation of the brand's strategy of driving awareness, education and engagement with both the trade and consumers alike. The Brand Ambassador will secure menu placements (cocktails, BTG, BTB), conduct staff trainings and tastings, and promote distribution and depletions for the brand within Halo accounts:
- Win the minds and hearts of customers with compelling storytelling about the craft and heritage of Volcan de mi Tierra
- Develop and foster relationship with key accounts to maximize Volcan de mi Tierra's visibility and presence on cocktail menu's and BTB listings
- In close relationship with the Business Development Managers, train, bartenders/mixologists, wait-staff (on premise), account managers, and distributor network inclusive of brand training, mixology and programming (Trainings may include audience outside of trade, such as consumers, gatekeepers & press)
- Consultation on designing new drinks and serves
- Work with local and regional sales teams to identify, prioritize and schedule account and distributor visits for trainings
- Assist Central Brand Team and Regional Business Development Managers identify key business opportunities (new accounts, partnerships, events etc). Alert the team with any issue and/or opportunity.
- In conjunction with brand stakeholders, lead brand home visits with internal and external audiences
- Host key consumer events (dinners, networking events, etc.) and key accounts/events sampling events
- Supporting launch events and PR opportunities
- Collaborate and support objectives and KPI goals for the Ambassador Program on behalf of Volcan de mi Tierra
- Manage and communicate the calendar of activity to the Brand Director
- Record and report the developments and/or results of all training activities to the Brand Director
- Develop and maintain up-to-date database of key trade
- Lead the development of relationships with key on-premise influencers
- Monitor and report competitor activity in on-trade
- Review /propose strategies to keep ahead of competitor activity
Approximate Split of Duties:
- Brand Education: 30%
- Trade Consultation: 30%
- Consumer/Influencer Interface: 20%
- Reporting: 20%
SCOPE and KPI'S
- 50-100 accounts
- On premise mainly (Heavy focus towards Bar/ Mixology)
- Key Performance Indicators:
- # consumers educated
- # trade staff educated
- # NEW distribution points
- # NEW menu placements
Education : Bachelor's degree, advance degree a plus
Languages: English, working knowledge of Spanish a plus
Professional experience & know how:
- Thorough understanding of the U.S.A wine & spirit industry.
- In-depth knowledge of wine & spirit consumption trends, habits and preferences of consumers in the category (tequila category a plus)
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Good networking, influencing and communication skills.
- Possess excellent analytical and interpretative skills.
- An appreciation of the critical necessity to act as a team, and the ability to motivate in achieving agreed objectives.
- MS Excel and PowerPoint needed
- Full understanding of modern selling and training techniques.
- Affinity with and cultural ability to represent the values of "Luxury" wines and spirits.