Develop, plan and execute consumer driven brand plans that maximize brand equity, revenue and profit for Ardbeg in the US market.
Brand Strategy & Execution - 25%
Lead the Brand Planning process from start to finish, creating the building blocks needed to establish Ardbeg as The Ultimate Islay Single Malt, built against the annual Budget context and mid-term PMT ambitions.
- Influence Maison plans to ensure US market needs are met, filling gaps with local programs where they are not
- Solve business challenges as they arise, proactively identifying issues and developing plans to address them
- Create clear, compelling, visually impactful presentations that excite, inspire and engage key stakeholders
Marketing & Promotion - 25%
Translate strategy into concrete tools and action, ensuring cross-functional teams have the tools they need - on time and on budget - to build our brands at the Trade and Consumer level, ultimately delivering the Budget.
- Lead the execution of all Consumer and Trade Marketing programs, supported by wider team structure
- Identify Sales support needs, leading the development, production, and allocation of Sales support tools.
- Effectively manage both U.S. and Maison-produced POS merchandising and VAP.
- Develop KPIs to track and measure program effectiveness, reporting in a timely manner of effectiveness and ROI
Business Analytics & Financial Ownership - 30%
Understand the business better than anyone, leveraging datasets, relationships with the Sales teams, and insights from the marketplace to regularly update internal teams on the state of the business and its drivers.
- Efficiently manage and analyze large datasets (MHBiz, IRI, Qlik), creating bespoke analysis models where required to derive insights that inform the planning process and support the Sales team
- Understand competitive performance and drivers, developing a clear view on implications for our brand strategy
- Work closely with FP&A to understand the P&L and ensure that brand decisions taken (allocations, mix, price) are properly reflected accordingly throughout the year
- Own the Flows File, ensuring it is updated monthly (YTD results) and reflects rolling changes made with Regions (allocations, mix, etc.), in order to make recommendations based on business understanding during the LE process
- Lead the financial analysis and presentation of Monthly and Quarterly Business Review meetings (MBR/QBR)
- Deliver monthly 1-page recaps on business performance to keep internal teams abreast on brand performance
Operations - 10%
- Manage all logistics including Sales forecasting (S&OP), allocations, inventory and pricing (including value chains)
- Ensure Maison POS and VAPs are shipped and billed on time and on budget
- Ensure all new items are correctly set up in the system for timely launches (SAP, UPC, specs, pricing)
- Manage and track A&P budgets, ensuring spend is prioritized strategically and lead monthly budget reviews
Leadership - 10%
- Become a respected player within MHUSA and Maison, building strong relationships with cross-functional teams
- Leverage the wider team structure, delegating (agencies, VIE, Coordinator) and managing up (Director, VP) to ensure most efficient deployment of time and resource against priorities
- Be a brand champion. Understand what it means to be Ardbeggian. Demonstrate it in everything you do.
- Develop strong product expertise and understand our Consumers and the Trade by spending time in market
Education: Bachelor of Arts or Science (Business/Economics/Marketing preferred); MBA preferred
Languages: English, working knowledge of French a plus.
Professional experience & know how: 5+ years in consumer goods marketing or strategy consulting or similar experience. Experience working within the food or wine industry a plus. Exceptional analytical skills required; modeling, managing large data sets, accuracy under time pressure. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills needed. Strong written and oral communications skills. International experience a plus. Must be able to work with all levels of the organization and must be able to adapt to various work styles. Prior experience in beverage alcohol & three-tier system preferred. Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills required.
Moet Hennessy USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Moet Hennessy USA, Inc. considers candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.