- The Belvedere Brand Manager's mission is to create value for the brand by building brand equity with the consumer target over the long term, whilst creating below the line tools to support short term sales achievement.
- He/She will recommend, develop and execute the local brand strategies and marketing programmes in line with the global brand strategy.
- Lead the development of annual brand plans in accordance with brand, sales and financial targets and in line with global strategies. With the support of the Spirits brands Director
- Work closely with the Spirits Brand Director to influence Maison strategies, and align on UK strategic direction based on a clear understanding of brand health and market challenges.
- Act as a brand champion, responsible for communication and custodianship of brand strategies internally, and influence the commercial agenda of the brand in line with the brand objectives.
Marketing Programmes / Brand Activations Development & Execution
- Design and project manage compelling brand marketing activations that surprise and delight consumers or customers and resonate scale. Leading external agencies and internal resources to success.
- Evaluate the performance of the brand activations, proposing improvements and changes as a result of their understanding.
- Set objectives with the On & Off-trade sales teams, jointly developing customer strategies for channels and key accounts.
- Work with the Trade Marketing team to jointly develop channel relevant, consumer centric activity that drives base rate of sale or supports preferential visibility.
- Ensure all programmes are delivered on budget, on time and to a level of excellence in line with brand values.
Communication / Events
- Brief and inspire creative/production agencies, oversee execution and critically evaluate results delivering recommendations for the future.
- Work with the cross functional marketing teams, including the Digital Marketing Manager and the Senior PR & Communications Manager to implement integrated communication strategies and focused activations, align on KPI's and execute.
- Lead and manage the dedicated Belvedere Brand Ambassador across priority of trainings, events and input into brand / drinks serve BTL programs
- Inspire, motivate and manage external agencies and internal resource for key marketing programmes including objective setting, execution & evaluation of delivery.
- Establish and maintain an excellent working relationship with Global (Maison) Brand Team.
- Track monthly internal volume performance by channel, understanding issues and opportunities to mitigate
- Track external data such as Nielsen and CGA, understanding our performance versus the category and competitors in order to inform strategies and activations
- Manage the brand A&P budget on a monthly basis in order to land on target at year end
- Understand trade marketing performance versus KPIs, owning the outcomes of the performance of that team
- Fulfil all internal reporting requirements. Work with Brand Director to deliver insightful half yearly business reviews with Maison.
- Be the custodian of the brand DNA, Consumer proposition, Tone of Voice and Look and Feel
- Support trade marketing and sales teams with customer sell in decks
- Work closely with the customer service team and logistics.
- Oversee POSM orders and usage, including regular strategic reviews of inventory.
- Regularly spend time in trade, spot and gain support for opportunities for commercial growth of the brand.
Key Brand Projects
- Launch new 360o Maison-developed communications platform including traditional and digital media, PR and influencers
- Deliver activations (with trade marketing) to drive visibility and PR in our High Image nightclub and bar accounts
- Develop and activate drinks campaigns such as Belvedere Expresso Martini through events, PR, creation of digital assets, bespoke on trade account activations and rate of sale kits (alongside PR team, digital team and trade marketing)
- Develop and activate programs to engage influential bartenders and nightclub owners in order to drive their brand understanding and loyalty (alongside sales and Maison)
- Develop and activate shopper marketing progams (alongside trade marketing) to drive ROS in the off trade (whether through grocery or departments stores)
- Launch and nurture innovations such as Single Estate Rye with clear strategy and toolkits
- Build the annual brand plan
- Trade Marketing, Digital and PR specialists
- Maison Belvedere
- Moet Hennessy Europe
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Degree level
Professional experience & know how
- Min 3 years' brand management experience in drinks / spirits. Preferably with understanding of the on and off trade markets
Personal & interpersonal skills
- Creativity and Innovation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational skills & attention to detail
- Drive for results/perseverance
- Team player capable of handling stakeholders of all levels
Technical & professional skills
- Ability to lead the agenda across the full marketing mix across ATL and media, digital, BTL, PR and Influencer strategy, working closely with functional specialists (digital / PR) as necessary
- Budget Management
- Numerate & commercially aware
- Financial understanding
- Business acumen
- Good digital understanding & knowledge
- Structured and capable of dealing with several tasks simultaneously
- Ability and adaptability to work in an ever-changing multi-cultural environment