The Glenmorangie Company encompasses both the Glenmorangie and Ardbeg Single Malt Whisky Brands, and is part of the LVMH Group who are the world leaders within the Luxury Sector. We are Scotland's leading malt whisky company, a place where our pride in our long heritage is combined with an appetite to grow our business across the world and to project what we stand for; craftsmanship and tradition delivered with the highest standard of modern excellence.
The marketing team are currently looking for a talented Brand Manager to join the Glenmorangie brand team based at our Global Headquarters in Edinburgh. You will be joining us at an exciting time for the brand where you will be using your creativity, curiosity, bold decision making and determination to implement key projects that will shape the future of the brand and the business.
Reporting to the Head of Brand, the main purpose of the role is to develop, implement, and evaluate Glenmorangie global marketing programmes and activations. You will be responsible for ensuring the brand strategy is seamlessly integrated through all local Market brand plans, across different regions and consumers and to ensure impact and effectiveness of A&P investment in the Glenmorangie brand.
- Develop and deliver compelling and actionable Global Activation plans and ensure in-market implementation and evaluation.
- Bring brand positioning and communications platforms to life, working on digital, social and/or CRM opportunities as required within brand programming calendar.
- Lead product and packaging development programmes, working cross-functionally within the Maison and with Markets from concept development through to launch execution.
- Manage promotional and Point of Sale (POS) development.
- Enthuse, educate and inspire audiences (both internal and external) regarding the Glenmorangie mission and activities, through written materials/sales documents/presentations etc.
- Manage the budget for selected/identified brand programmes.
- Support the brand team in annual A&P budget management and delivery, incl. reporting.
- Support the Glenmorangie Academy/ Education programme, including hosting of guests in Tain and Edinburgh at key points throughout the year.
- Build effective relationships with cross-functional colleagues in the Maison, and with local Market brand team counterparts.
- Build own category, consumer and customer/market knowledge and bring this to bear in programme development and delivery/ day-to-day role.
- Evaluate and track all brand activity, role-modelling "improve to learn" behaviours.
- Assist Brand Team and Head of Brand as required on other ad hoc projects.
Education: Degree educated, ideally within a marketing or business background
Languages: English essential, other European language desirable
Professional experience & know how: minimum four years' experience in an FMCG marketing environment at Junior BM and/ or Brand Manager level, ideally with premium image brand-building. Knowledge of wines and spirits sector advantageous. Experience of working internationally/ across different cultures.
Technical & management skills: excellent project management skills, brand-building programme development, experience of brand creative content/communications development, agency management, understanding of social media landscape and application to brand building, packaging design advantageous.
Personal & interpersonal skills: Excellent planning and organization skills; action orientated with real individual accountability; resilient with a problem-solving outlook; ability to flex style to different audiences; team-player with strong stakeholder management skills; high attention to detail and quest for sustainable excellence; appropriate social skills to represent the brand in both professional and social environment.