To create value for the Ruinart brand by building brand equity with the consumer target over the long term, whilst creating below the line tools for sales promotion to support short term sales achievement. To initiate, recommend and execute the marketing programme, adhering to strategy guidelines and ensuring brand objectives are achieved. To act as brand ambassador with the trade, press, brand friends and VIPs.
- Lead the development of annual brand plans in accordance with brand, sales and financial targets and in line with global strategies.
- Work closely with the Prestige Brands Director to influence Maison strategies, and align on UK strategic direction based on a clear understanding of brand health and market challenges.
- Act as a brand champion, responsible for communication and custodianship of brand strategies internally, and influence the commercial agenda of the brand in line with the brand objectives.
Marketing Programmes/Brand Activations Development & Execution
- Design and project manage compelling brand marketing activations that surprise and delight consumers or customers and resonate scale. Leading external agencies and internal resources to success.
- Set objectives with the On & Off-trade sales teams, jointly developing customer strategies for channels and key accounts.
- Work with the Trade Marketing team to jointly develop channel relevant, consumer centric activity that drives base rate of sale or supports preferential visibility.
- Ensure all programmes are delivered on budget, on time and to a level of excellence in line with brand values.
- Evaluate the performance of the brand activations, proposing improvements and changes as a result of their understanding.
Brief and inspire creative/production agencies, oversee execution and critically evaluate results delivering recommendations for the future.
Work with the cross functional marketing teams, including the Digital Marketing Manager and the Senior PR & Communications Manager to implement integrated communication strategies and focused activations, align on KPI's and execute.
Inspire, motivate and manage external agencies and internal resource for key marketing programmes including objective setting, execution & evaluation of delivery.
Establish and maintain an excellent working relationship with Global (Maison) Brand Team.
- Track monthly internal volume performance by channel, understanding issues and opportunities to mitigate
- Track external data where available, understanding our performance versus the category and competitors in order to inform strategies and activations
- Manage the brand A&P budget on a monthly basis in order to land on target at year end
- Understand trade marketing performance versus KPIs, owning the outcomes of the performance of that team
- Fulfil all internal reporting requirements. Work with Brand Director to deliver insightful half yearly business reviews with Maison.
- Be the custodian of the brand DNA, Consumer proposition, Tone of Voice and Look and Feel
- Support trade marketing and sales teams with customer sell in decks
- Work closely with the customer service team and logistics.
- Oversee POSM orders and usage, including regular strategic reviews of inventory
- Regularly spend time in trade, spot and gain support for opportunities for commercial growth of the brand.
Key Brand Projects
- 360 Art communications platform (Hero owned coms event; Frieze partnership and through the line activation; annual artist collaboration) to build brand difference and desirability.
- Vintage launches and Sommelier challenge to drive advocacy and trade support
- Ruinart Rose to prepare new pillar of growth
- Selective distribution strategy to nurture brand status in the trade (HIA, casual fine dining strategies). Activation of key partnerships (Royal Opera House) to develop brand experiences
- Annual brand planning to develop growth strategies
- Trade Marketing, Digital and PR specialists
- Management Team
- Ruinart Maison
- Moet Hennessy Europe
- Agencies (PR, Events, etc.)
- Key customers and key partners (i.e. Frieze)
- Media Owners and Key Journalists
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Degree level
- English fluent, French is a plus
Professional experience & know how
- Luxury / cultural industry, drink industry experience is a plus, 3 min. years brand management experience.
Personal & interpersonal skills
- Passion, Creativity and drive for Innovation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Drive for Results/Perseverance/Resilience
- Solid Project Management and team player capable of handling stakeholders of all levels
Technical & professional skills
- Ability to lead the agenda across the full marketing mix across ATL and media, digital, BTL, PR and Influencer strategy, working closely with functional specialists (digital / PR) as necessary
- Strong organisational skills & attention to detail
- Budget Management
- Financial understanding and business acumen
- Good digital understanding & knowledge
- PPT; Excel
Structured and capable of dealing with several tasks simultaneously.
Ability and adaptability to work in an ever-changing multi-cultural environment.