Estates & Wines, the Moët Hennessy wine division, is a unique collection of prestigious wineries spread across 5 continents. Our vineyards are located on exceptional sites and are among the best terroirs of their appellation and each of our wineries have broken new ground - by pioneering new or forgotten regions; or through innovative & distinctive winemaking techniques.
Newton Vineyard was born from the vision of Peter Newton - an eclectic English lover of wine and nature - who believed in the potential of hillside vineyards to produce great French-inspired wines in the Napa Valley.
Based in Napa, California and reporting to the E&W Marketing & Communication Director in Paris, the Newton Vineyard & Skyside Brand Manager is responsible for communicating and driving awareness, desirability and activation of both Newton and Skyside brands on a Global level, making Newton vineyard the reference brand for Napa Valley, and developing Skyside into a global powerful brand through product innovation and brand equity building.
In this position, you'll be responsible for :
Market Management and yearly planning
- Develop yearly marketing plans that excite the markets and are implementable in line with A&P. Follow up on these plans' active implementation.
- Be the point person for Newton Vineyard for all marketing requests and demands.
- Deliver and present an updated brand plan across the key annual all yearly planning (RMM, Budget).
- Provide feedback to regions on market calendar & budgets
Brand strategy and equity
- Provide and present a strategic overview of brand challenges & opportunities via the PMT (5 year plan) process
- Identify key consumer trends/insights and implications for brand
- Activate and communicate global brand strategy to capture these opportunities: Brand vision, overall brand strategy, marketing strategy, marketing mix, DNA, positioning.
Brand identity, New product Development & packaging
- Ensure that packaging and POSM are developed in a relevant and timely manner.
- Be the guardian of the brand identity and codes
- Lead the development of the product innovation concept, working closely with the winemaking team.
- Develop and monitor launch plans for innovation initiatives to deliver programs to markets
A&P budget management
- In the framework of the budget process, develop brand central A&P budget
- Ensure the key markets have all the tools (Communications, digital, on & off trade) to build the brand and drive sales.
- Monitor the monthly sales and feedback to Business Development areas to be addressed and proposed action plans.
And, following the guidelines from, and with the support of the Consumer Engagement Team in Paris:
- Define Public Relations strategy (KOL, events, reviews, press, shows and trade fairs, local events...) and be the main contact for PR agency in definition, implementation and KPI tracking for the winery's PR strategy.
- Bring expertise to the DTC marketing plans, to reinforce visitation, conversion rate and retention, help create a one-of-a-kind wine-club and stand out in this crowded environment
- Develop the annual marketing and content plan for the brand
- Communicate brand global merchandising strategy & guidelines to all regions, markets and Business Development
- Business School, Marketing master
- Native or fully bi-lingual English.
Professional experience & know how :
- 3/5years' experience in marketing positions
- Knowledge of wines & spirits industry or a very strong interest in wines.
- Sensitivity to the luxury industry
- Global Marketing experience and knowledge of the wine world are essential.
- Previous experience in Napa valley a strong plus.
Technical & management skills :
- Innovation mindset orientation
- Experience in project management, detail oriented
- Microsoft Office
Personal & interpersonal skills:
- Strong appreciation of different markets and cultures.
- A get up and go person with drive and determination with attention for detail.
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills
- Intellectually curious
- Drive for result & excellence
- Pragmatic and hands-on approach to business
- Strategic thinking
- Agility learning
- Comfortable in working in a matrix organization
- Willingness to ‘shake-hands' and spend time with the community, including regular dinners to identified partners