As a member of the Operations & Control department, DFS EMEA, the Business Analyst will be responsible for Division business analysis and taking care of La Samaritaine Department store opening project.
You will provide business acumen, analysis and decision support for division initiatives and business processes. You drive improvements in division performance by assisting in value-added decision-making. What's more, you maximize revenue and store contribution through the development and implementation of concise, relevant analysis and reporting.
Analysis and Decision Making
- Anticipate and be proactive in providing decision support and analysis for the division management team. Identify and define issues, evaluate possible solutions, develop recommendations and supporting analyses to facilitate timely management decisions
- Provide business support for key global initiatives, including productivity, staffing and conversion.
- Analyse sales, KPI and profit results to identify business trends and opportunities and quantify the effects of business changes, initiatives and events. Conduct frequent trend analysis.
- Identify and recommend division efficiencies and cost saving opportunities.
- Analyze and recommend improvements to work processes/reports to satisfy all users and needs
- Perform any other ad hoc duties requested by the OCD.
- Develop and maintain reporting required to monitor results at the division, location and store level
- Review reports thoroughly to understand the reason behind data movements. Call out exceptions/unusual variances to the OCD and relevant team members.
- Reporting responsibilities include preparation of the following:
- Daily/weekly/monthly sales performance
- Nationality sales performance
- Clientele analysis & forecast
- PAX spending
- Other location-specific analysis
- Work with Financial Analysis and IT function to streamline and automate reports where possible and enhance communication.
- RME expenses build up & follow up for close / budget / ROF
- Responsible for the training and maintenance of DFS information system
- Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or related field
- 2 to 4 years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential job functions of the job
- Strong Microsoft PC based applications - Word, Excel (including use of macros and database management) and Powerpoint required. Access knowledge preferred
- Working knowledge with Merchant Common System (MCS) preferred
- Good command of the English language and excellent communication skills
- Ability to converse effectively with colleagues in the Europe & Middle East Region (Italy, France & Abu Dhabi)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to analyse a business both statistically and conceptually. Strong quantitative skills.
- Ability to format analytical works into presentation forms
- Accuracy and attention to detail