Estates & Wines, the Moët Hennessy wine division, is a unique collection of prestigious wineries spread across 5 continents. Our vineyards are located on exceptional sites and are among the best terroirs of their appellation and each of our wineries have broken new ground - by pioneering new or forgotten regions; or through innovative & distinctive winemaking techniques.
Based in Auckland, the VIE Business Analyst will assist the Regional Financial Controller in analysing and forecasting business performance and wine allocation, also improving internal control for the Australia and New Zealand wineries. He/she will be part of a small team dedicated to support the wineries of the region and will be in contact with Operational teams in the wineries, as well as Central Finance, Business Development and Marketing in Paris. The VIE will have the opportunity to work on various projects.
> Reporting and analysis:
- Guarantee consistency of data for Actual Reporting. Perform reconciliation checks between the ERP and the different reports also ensure data integrity between SAP B1 and TOPAZ Group reporting tool.
- Report analysis: assist in updating the reports and analysing COGS, A&P spend and operational expenses, OVH, Depletions.
- Assist the wineries with any queries on analytical coding of expenses.
- Implement or update check lists and SOP Standard Operating Procedures for each reporting process.
- Act as a key contact to help coordinate the forecasting cycle for the wineries: Budget, LEs, R&Os
- Prepare templates for Operations, Support functions and Marketing to assist them in building their forecast.
- Consolidate, review, upload and check forecast figures in the Essbase tool.
- Update and circulate validated figures at the end of each forecast phase.
> Internal Control:
- Assist the Financial Controller in developing an internal control mindset within the wineries.
- Co-lead the annual ERICA self-assessment campaign, ensuring internal deadlines are met for each key internal control process. Maintain the extract of the database (Excel file folder structure) with updated ratings/comments/attachments and ensure they are copied to the platform before each deadline.
- Maintain the Delegation of Authorities (DoA) matrix, ensure it is compliant and used by the teams.
> Wine Allocation:
- Prepare the simulation allocation files prior the first meetings with BDD/wineries (including Actuals/latest forecast). Reflect the changes based on the discussions as well as input from BDDs via email.
- Product allocation: report/follow-up sales and stock levels in the markets to help determine the best allocation for each product and vintage. Manage any subsequent re-allocation with Business Development.
- Update on a monthly basis the allocation file with Actuals.
> Ad Hoc Projects: various ad hoc project as assigned by the Financial Controller
- University or Business School Master graduate
- Fluent English
Professional experience & know how:
- A first experience in a business analysis and internal control role(s) is appreciated
- Excellent analytical skills
- A taste for improving processes and tools
- Self-motivation and autonomy
- Great communication skills oral and written
- Excellent Excel skills and knowledge of Hyperion Essbase is a plus
- Able to work under multi-tasking environment and be flexible in adapting to changing priorities