PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Business Controller supports the Asia and Travel Retail business in all financial aspects including monthly management reporting, budgets, and all ad-hoc finance analysis.
He/she constantly reviews and improves the level of management reporting and creating clear and detailed analysis.
He / she will develop and maximize the quality of reporting and analysis with automatization and use of appropriate information systems.
He/she will develop new scorecard for the regional management office.
The business controller is responsible for the gathering of the financial information and to analyse monthly variance against budget/ last year with proper recommendation.
Management reporting & Closing
- Build the Asia conso reporting and performance scorecard (retail, net sales, digital, by channel, Top SKU's)
- Weekly sales
- Monthly overview
- 3 months outlook
- Build the monthly conso closing ( P&L, A&P details).
- Review the gap and comments from the local markets and make sure it is commented with details.
- Automatization and ensure quality of the monthly flash report.
- Monitoring of Regional team expenses, including distribution of monthly reports to Department Heads
- Participate in the budget preparation for the Regional office costs
- Build and analyze the P&L phasing for Asia and TR. Ensure the spending are balanced Quarter by quarter
- Gather and analyse the A&P by line and franchise. Gather the ROI analysis per newness.
- Support the budget consolidation for Asia and TR.
- Assist in the preparation of budget presentation materials
Ad Hoc analysis
- Participate in investment validation process (capex) and check list docs
- Alert on gap vs Budget or average KPI
- Participate in the strat plan consolidation
Optimization & standardization
- Assist the automatization and standardization of our Budget package & presentation (ppt)
- Lead and develop the automatization of our reports/scorecard from various information systems. (Syrus, Orion and Datamart, PL cube etc...)
- Build-up historical data.
- Desired: Master degree in business administration, finance or equivalent field
- Additional degree in information system is a plus
- 2 years of work experience in similar position within an international group
Skill & Knowledge
- Advanced skills in key Office programs for data analysis, analytics & report generation using MS Excel, MS Access & data management.
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to manage and run complicated excel spreadsheet
- Eyes for details and abilities to avoid errors
- Problem solving skills with business acumen
- Strategic thinking capabilities with being able to see a big picture
- Reports results/recommendation in a clear and cogent manner