The business controller is fully responsible and an active support to the finance director, marketing and sales directors, he/she:
- Monitors actuals and ensures JV strategy and performance are aligned with market, regional and worldwide objectives.
- Develops insightful financial management information for the business for being one step ahead.
- Drives the business planning and forecasting processes while ensuring compliance with partners guidelines.
- Proposes and implements continuously systems and process improvement.
1. Actuals monitoring
- Review and analyse actuals versus last year, budget/forecast/R&O.
- Liaise closely with marketing and sales teams in understanding and challenging the variances versus last year, budget/forecast/R&O; in particular components related to volumes, pricing, A&P and FTT.
- Submit the reports to local management and regional teams on a timely manner with relevant comments/analysis that helps to pilot the business, safeguard the company assets and sustains the development.
- Highlight the risk and opportunities to all respective stakeholders: finance director, managing director, sales and marketing directors.
- Drive monthly review of A&P and Fund To Trade spending based on latest volume and product mix with marketing and sales teams.
- Review sales and pricing to ensure the alignment with internal guidelines and local regulations.
- Analyse channel profitability by brand and provide more insight information to management in terms of level of investment.
- Work closely with sales planning and accounting to ensure proper review and monitoring of FTT and volume depletion.
- Prepare reports and any analysis to be presented to local and regional management.
- Lead and coordinate the preparation of the budget, revision/forecast & R&O/PMT with marketing and sales teams.
- Ensure all appropriate assumptions are aligned with HQ guidelines and are taken into consideration to achieve the budget/forecast/R&O/PMT.
- Challenge assumptions used for budget/forecast/R&O/PMT proposed by local team especially volume and FTT assumptions.
- Prepare scenario simulation and advise the impact to the sales team.
- Prepare budget/forecast/R&O/PMT presentations.
- Compile, check and upload on time forecast and budget data into partners systems and ensure the data accuracy.
- Answer and provide analysis to local and regional management.
- Anticipate and share risks and opportunities with finance director, marketing and sales directors.
3. Continuous process improvement
- Gather data, analyze, simulate scenarios, and create reports as and when required by managing director which have impact on management's decisions.
- Simplify, optimize and secure data processing.
- Drive initiatives to improve the quality and the effectiveness of the financial deliveries.
- Provide training to new comers and refreshing training to current employees on finance/controlling terms and culture.
- Contribute to enhance internal control, ethics and compliance.
5. Other ad-hoc projects
- Participate, lead any ad-hoc projects.
- ACCA/CIMA/CPA, business school or master from university with a specialization in controlling, business administration
- Interest for the Wines & Spirits sector is a plus
- Candidate with experience in Wine & Spirits, FMCG or retail industry will be given priority but not a must
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially very good at excel/VBA. SAP is a plus
- Financial modelling, data intelligence
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), mandarin and / or Bahasa is a plus
- Hands-on, entrepreneurial spirit who is willing to roll-up the sleeves and make a difference
- Analytical, structured and organized with attention to detail
- Meticulous, pragmatic, determined with a sense of diplomacy, patient, positive
- High ethic an integrity
- Able to develop and maintain very good relationships with stakeholders
- Able to work under pressure
- Open-minded, proactive, creative thinking