The Business Development Manager is responsible for leading marketing and supporting sales efforts in the region for a specific brand/category. Develop overall plans and programs tailored to the local market to help achieve sales and profit objectives for the brand/category.
You will be in charge of the following states: OR, MT, ID, WY, & UT
- Own, drive, and evaluate Brand/Category strategies in assigned markets focusing on key accounts to maximize brand sales.
- Analyze performance of respective brand/category. Develop KPI's by program with Sales team.
- Propose, implement, and monitor brand marketing plans in market to achieve sales and profit objectives.
- Recommend corrective actions to Sales and Brand teams, while seizing additional opportunities, within Brand guidelines.
- Serve as the market expert who understands what drives consumer behavior based on different cultural and demographic segments within the assigned markets. Leverage this knowledge to identify and implement advantage of strategic program opportunities.
- Provide effective competitive intelligence and feedback from the local market to Sales and Brand teams to influence decision making and budget prioritization.
- Build relationships with Strategic targeted Trade accounts (On & Off-Premise).
- Complete Business Reviews (MH, Brand Team, or Distributor).
- Present Brand Plan to Distributor sales force annually or semi-annually.
- Create and execute Regional Consumer Plans to engage consumers, capturing regional/market-specific opportunities.
- Liaise with Sales team, distributors, and external agencies to ensure full communication and success of sales and marketing plans.
- Represent the Brand/Category through PR and Education activities, leveraging Champagne Specialists and Ambassadors. Provide education and mentorship to Ambassadors and Specialists to reinforce the quality and value of the Brand/Category.
- Implement, in partnership with distributors, merchandising and POSM strategy while localizing tools when appropriate.
- Manage the A&P budget for brand development and promotion activity.
- Ensure profitability for brands/categories; evaluate A&P proposals and past program ROI and profit.
- Maximize the value change and allocate resources (A&P/FTT/DPP) across Market/Programs within brand guidelines.
- Partner with Region Finance to ensure A&P/DPP/FTT budgets are being tracked and controlled.
- Build mitigation plans in anticipation of known risks and opportunities emerging from market.
- Ensure that the brand/category pricing strategy is being followed. Alert sales and brand teams to any issues and propose corrective actions.
- Determine product allocations priorities, in line with brand/category strategy.
Education : Undergraduate Degree required.
Languages : English (+ additional language when relevant to the local Market)
Professional experience & know how:
- 7-10 years of combined sales/marketing/brand management experience
- Strong analytical and commercial skills required
- Solid interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Experience working with luxury brands is preferred
- Wine and spirits knowledge and industry experience is preferred
Location : Portland area, Oregon