The four iconic wine Estates of the LVMH Group - Domaine des Lambrays, Château d'Yquem, Château Cheval Blanc and Colgin Cellars - are grouped in a common entity called LVMH Vins d'Exception (VE), which is in charge of orienting and coordinating their business activities. LVMH VE aims to implement a common commercial strategy representing these wines in all markets and to develop the LVMH Group's presence in the world's most exceptional wine regions.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to successfully deliver the regional strategic plan for the Asian Market, based in Shanghai.
As a Business development manager, you will help define and lead the implementation of the regional business plan in order to optimize our four Estates' wine distribution.
The scope job is around those main pillars in:
- Leading, implementing and delivering the regional business plan.
- Providing market intelligence to our Estates, to guide strategic decision making.
- Stimulating demand for our wines, primarily at Trade's level, occasionally at consumers' level.
- Coordinating the presence of the Estates in their markets and acting as their representative.
- Developing key commercial relationships within the fine wine trade regional ecosystem.
- Collaborating with CMO on the development of the long-term Strategic Plan for the region.
- Fostering excellent, pro-active working relationships at all levels with our Key customers.Reporting to and working closely with the Marketing & Sales Director as part of a small team, the Business development manager will provide support on all the entity's projects.
The Business development manager will be responsible for:
- Possess and develop a very deep knowledge of its regional zone (who are the established distributors, the challengers, the influencers, the press and critics, etc) and provide detailed intelligence to our Estates. His/her inputs will influence directly the allocation process in his/her region.
- Animate his/her market by working closely with merchants, he/she will train their sales teams about our Estates and their wines, he/she will implement LVMH VE's global initiatives and create local activations. Key to his/her success, will be his/her ability to generate demand from Trade clients and consumers (served by our Trade partners).
- Organize market visits for our Estates' representatives and optimize the time spent in his/her zone. In the absence of Estates' representatives, the BDM will be able to ensure a representation in person at selected events and convey the Estates' messages.
- You have between 5- and 10-years' experience within the industry
- With a strong wine and fine wine knowledge
- With an entrepreneurial spirit and a deep understanding of the fine wine trade ecosystem
- A strong track record of new business development
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and passion
- A pro-active doer: As this is a standalone role in the region, you have a high level of autonomy, enjoys rolling up their sleeves, and proactively identifying and seizing new opportunities.
- Agile, flexible and curious
- Capability to stretch yourself between the fine wine industry and the corporate environment
- Willingness to embody in your day to day job the philosophy and excellence of LVMH VE