Reporting to the Business Intelligence Manager, the Business Intelligence Officer's primary objective is helping businesses implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and partners.
Developing technical solutions to business problems, begins with defining, analyzing and documenting requirements. Managing requirements at the project level can help fulfill business needs.
Business analysts typically take the key role in:
- Assisting with the business case
- Planning and monitoring
- Eliciting requirements
- Requirements organization
- Translating and simplifying requirements
- Requirements management and communication
- Requirements analysis
- Coordinate implementation activities
He/she will use requirements to drive the design or review of test cases, process change requests, and manage a project's scope, acceptance, installation and deployment.
- Written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts
- The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis
- Business case development
- Modeling techniques and methods
The candidate will have also the following technical skills:
- Knowledge of SAP ECC modules FI - CO - SD - MM both from business processes and implementation prospective.
- Knowledge of Board10 - Relational modeling tools for BI Reporting, Analytics and CPM
- Knowledge of SAP BOBJ ETL - SQL Server
- Coordinate external System Integrator activities
Bachelor's degree in Economics / Engineering
Master the skills needed to:
- Implement advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing data requirements
- Prioritize requirements
- Master strategic business process modeling, traceability and quality management techniques
- Apply best practices for effective communication and problem-solving
The specific job deliverables will not be limited to IT-related projects only, involvement in areas such as finance or accounting, sales, marketing or operations.
He/she will be required to assess and validate his/her activities and to determine if a solution has fulfilled the requirements. This implies the proper use of quantitative methods, metrics and tools to achieve the business benefits and corporate goals in areas such as sales, pricing, production, workflow, IT & BI development.